Game-Labs Forum

Some Suggestions

1. Ability to Copy Design Templates

If the game becomes more popular (fingers crossed?) players may want a quicker way to let others know how they designed the ships they use. At some point it might be helpful to convert a given ship configuration into a text code that players can paste into their own games, or save them as some other file that can exist in a permanent library that can theoretically be downloaded by other people and put into their libraries. 

2. Pathing for Maneuvers

A. Having played the destroyer battle a few more times, something I noticed is if my lead destroyer performs a U turn, the ships following often respond by coming to a near stop then slowly pivoting and trying to follow the leader. Would it be possible for when ships in a division are set to follow astern, that instead of doing this they don't start turning immediately and instead try to follow the path the leader took? 

B. I also notice that the AI seems to 'overreact' to torpedoes for which it is perfectly capable of dodging. I.E. if a fast maneuverable ship is caught  in the middle of an incoming spread, they'll turn, usually away from the spread rather than into, and instead of straightening out once they are parallel to the spread, they continue to turn almost in a full circle and end up broadsiding into a different torpedo. Obviously dodging the entire spread is better than having to dodge through the spread, but I am guessing the reason it does those circles is because it's trying to dodge away from every single torpedo rather than thinking "Ok i just need to get the ship roughly parallel with these lines and avoid my bow/stern coming into contact with any of them."  

3. Detection

The build editor suggests that faster ships have lower detection. I'm a bit confused as to why this would be the case. Not an expert but I'd imagine other things being equal, a faster moving object is easier to notice at a distance than a slower moving one. Is the assumption that a faster moving ship would generate less smoke at any given speed? 

• Like 1