Game-Labs Forum

Damage schematic color scheme?

jztemple

I'm a bit confused about the damage schematic show in the upper right of the combat screen, so I thought I'd attach a screenshot and see if I have gotten my interpretations right.  Note that the color of lines pointing out areas isn't relevant to what I'm highlighting, I just for some reason decided to make the four lines different colors🤔

1760050890_UADDamagedsymbolcolors.jpg.c5dc5bd56d3cd0b33efb9bd21f7818e3.jpg

So I'm thinking that yellow is damaged. Red I think is destroyed. The green has me a bit confused, since I see it pop up and I'm not sure whether is was something damaged then repaired, or it is just lightly damaged with no ill effects. And fire seems pretty obvious, those orange flickering bits seen in the yellow boxes. Am I correct on these, or could someone point out my misinterpretations? Thanks!

All colors are different degrees of damage. Green is very lightly damaged. Something has hit, done very minor damage, that's it (for instance, a 5'' half-pen). Yellow is quite damaged, but still operational (I think at a reduced efficiency, but not sure about that). Red is destroyed and KO. The whole compartment is a mess and whatever's inside is no longer working. If it's an item (weapon, superstructure, etc), as long as it's not red, it's operational. Once it's red, it's gone.

In the case of underwater (low row hull compartments) I notice that in general flooding can be contained and pumped out as long as the compartment is not destroyed (red). If it is yellow it might flood but after giving some time to the damage control parties, it'll being going down as water is pumped out (ofc anti-flooding settings in the designer are capital to decide how effective your crew is at doing that). If it is destroyed your best hope is for the flooding not to spread (lots of bulkheads help a lot for that), but that compartment will remain flooded for the remainder of the battle.

The yellow "bubbling" effect, indeed, is that the compartment is on fire.

Edited by RAMJB