Game-Labs Forum

Optional: Unlimited funds/weight

JulietPapaOscar

Just for fun, could we get an update that allows us to create ridiculous behemoths or otherwise just...odd ships?

I love the money and weight mechanic. Great stuff and makes you think rather carefully about what you can do. I feel the "super modern battleship" scenario is about as close as we get to a free play option, however I'd love to see that x100 or so? More money, no weight restrictions and just go wild? (one ship limit tho)

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

A Custom Battle editor will be offered. Removing any limits would not only break the system (because our auto-designer is programmed to act smartly for designing the AI ships, and without limits it would just create ugly looking ships with spammed assets) but teach the player wrongly about how everything works.

This is the dev's answer to a similiar question that was asked earlier.

10 hours ago, Vader_sama said:

Perhaps a sandbox mode that is separate from the campaign or naval academy just to mess around for a bit.

Yeah! Personally I love trying base my designs on historical examples and sometimes the placement and funds limits can be extremely restricting. I would love to see a sandbox/skirmish mode where we can set a weight limit with unlimited funds, and have all hulls and designs at our disposal. 

• 2 weeks later...

In a creative game like this one it would be an own-goal to not include a skirmish/sandbox mode.
Balance and challenge are great in campaign and super important in academy.

But there are moments in life when all you want to see is a metal killing machine, only limited by the game engine, ripping apart a small fleet in hud-off mode.

Hurts noone to include a skirmish mode that is independent of the campaign. You could even use it to allow public testing of new hulls and modules before implementing them in academy or campaign. 

I'd love to have a sandbox mode where you could also influence the AI's generation of ships. At least from the top-down, i.e. set limits to displacement, bulkheads, tech, etc. At least in order to set up symmetric/asymmetric scenarios, or at least have more control over the scenario itself. 

I think out of all the features currently being developed, sandbox is the one I'm looking forward to the most. 

This game feels kind of like the KSP of warships, I'd love to have the same kind of freedom.