Game-Labs Forum

Weapon drops of units provided to player not in player's army

USPostman

It would seem that anytime you play a map where you have units provided to you, you should do your best to have the highest amount of casualties possible while still winning the battle.  This way you get the recovered weapons.  

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but seems like a screwy mechanic.  

The relationship with troops provided to you outside of your own built "team" is a bit whacky anyway : In all the battles where you have that type of troops you either :

1/ don't care for the amount of losses they take because it doesn't hurt your own long term troops.

2/ if it's a battle where you have both your and those troops, it means you are better off using the latter to do the heavy lifting and take most of the losses while you put your own troops in less taxing roles (in second row to shoot at the melee blob, to hold the lines in woods leaving the other troops in the open, on the flanks, etc...). It's all a bit whacky even though it's hard to see how to get around that.

yeah it's pretty screwy. In every way it's to the player's advantage to melee charge scenario-provided troops at the enemy. You get more rescue and more enemy drop. 

I guess you're supposed to care about end-of-game total casualty figures. But also.... meh. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2017 at 5:57 PM, Wright29 said:

yeah it's pretty screwy. In every way it's to the player's advantage to melee charge scenario-provided troops at the enemy. You get more rescue and more enemy drop. 

I guess you're supposed to care about end-of-game total casualty figures. But also.... meh. 

Only to the extent that the victory conditions might require you to keep casualties down. And yeah, it's screwy. :) I admit that I've been ... less than careful with allied units on Legendary. I've even pulled them out of the line to recover morale so that more of them eventually get killed. I've also let enemy units opposing them recover for the same reason. It's bloodthirsty, but on Legendary you need every weapon you can scrape together, even if its only to sell.

• Like 1

Min-max and grinding is the name of the game. I'd play MMORPGs if I had any interest in that, which I don't.

My conf army in the easy/fixed size was smaller than on hard/legendary because I couldn't arm them with good enough weapons. This caused more casualties to me in the end. Ludicrously scaling makes it easier to arm and have bigger armies.

Edited by Karri