Game-Labs Forum

A few Army org questions

Hobo

1.  Is there any value in keeping your divisions together in a battle or do you just cherry pick your brigades to fight across your entire corp?

2.  I had a division leader die in a battle.  Is this modeled some way like percentage of casualties in a division or purely a random event?

3.  Do corp leaders give benefits to brigades within their range but not in their corp?

Thanks for your help.

1. If you merge brigades, it becomes important, because it will find brigades of the same division.

2. Purely random chance whenever a unit within the division gets damaged. 

3. Other than the morale boosts that all generals provide? Not to my knowledge. Even morale boosts are not necessarily useful if the units were already at 100 morale stat.

22 minutes ago, Hobo said:

3.  Do corp leaders give benefits to brigades within their range but not in their corp?

Yes. I've seen a Lt General give his speed bonus to units from another Corps. The Lt General bonuses appear to be applied to every unit in the general's command radius without regard to organization.

Just now, Aetius said:

Yes. I've seen a Lt General give his speed bonus to units from another Corps. The Lt General bonuses appear to be applied to every unit in the general's command radius without regard to organization.

Are these only for the active aura abilities? I thought the Lt. General abilities were corps-wide buffs (given you can see the effects of defender and attacker in the base camp).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wandering1 said:

Are these only for the active aura abilities? I thought the Lt. General abilities were corps-wide buffs (given you can see the effects of defender and attacker in the base camp).

I ... hadn't actually noticed that - that's probably a bug? Or in camp all units in the Corps are considered in his aura? I'll look into it.

All the Corps units do receive the +5 melee/firearms buff from Defender, and being in the general's aura is not required. I F11'd it, we'll see - if nothing else, that needs to be made clear in the ability choices.

Edited by Aetius
  • Like 1