Game-Labs Forum

Fortifications and routing troups

Yog Sothoth

Just two points that realy frustrated me in my game today -

1. Fortifications in the battle of Fredricksburg (Union) are strong, thats ok, but why does the stone wall give so much cover to fire coming from behind it? in the moment, i shoot at 300 men with 6000 men in a 270 ° angle there should be more than 3 casulties in the enemy brigade. Please modify fortification cover that it only helps vs fire incoming from the direction of the cover.

2. There seems to be a "bug?" that routing troups glitch into enemy troups when engaged in meele - 2500 men just die after a charge and a flank salvo, if they run trough 7 more enemy brigades on their way to the north edge of the map, while their positions where in the south of the map.

11 hours ago, Yog Sothoth said:

Just two points that realy frustrated me in my game today -

1. Fortifications in the battle of Fredricksburg (Union) are strong, thats ok, but why does the stone wall give so much cover to fire coming from behind it? in the moment, i shoot at 300 men with 6000 men in a 270 ° angle there should be more than 3 casulties in the enemy brigade. Please modify fortification cover that it only helps vs fire incoming from the direction of the cover.

2. There seems to be a "bug?" that routing troups glitch into enemy troups when engaged in meele - 2500 men just die after a charge and a flank salvo, if they run trough 7 more enemy brigades on their way to the north edge of the map, while their positions where in the south of the map.

Agree in both points.   Fredericksburg fortifications at Mary's heights were modified, and don't seem to be working correctly, or consistently with the game in other situations that deal with its cover and fortifications.

Also agree about flawed patching for routed units.   It would seem to make more sense if routed units path back to their commanding general.