Game-Labs Forum

Select artillery munitions suggestions to developers

I've found that managing arty ammo use has been grating on me. It's very... remanicent of babysitting gameplay.

This especially happens when I'm switching between explosive shells and canisters. Trying to bombard troops with shells while making sure their targets aren't about to charge, where I would then have to manually switch to canister.

So I think that artillery should have a sort of check boxes format when regarding which munitions to hurl at the enemy.

Solid

Shells

Canister

So that if you want all three munitions to be used freely, you check all three. If you want just canister, checkmark the canister only. And if you want shells and canisters fired only, you would select those two and leave the solid shot unchecked. This way, you don't have to babysit the cannons perilously close to the front.

This way, by allowing cannons to fire both canister and shells. They won't waste their energy shooting far targets with less effective solid, but be prepared to switch to canister if the enemy charge or get within range of canister.

How about it?

• Like 1