Game-Labs Forum

The Ultimate General's Mod(Interest/Suggestions)

Tormidal

Not going into much detail(ill go into more detail closer to the inclusion of modding), but I was curious about who/how many in the community would be interested in a huge mod for UGG, that would included a different(community-driven) balance, some different/randomized textures for each brigade(if possible), maybe the inclusion of other maps, editing the times that brigades arrive to help modify balance; those sorts of things.

TL;DR: Im looking to create a large mod that will make UGG more appealing, in terms of both gameplay and appearance; all driven by the community of UGG and what they'd like to see(and the developers dont have plans for/dont want to do/dont have the budget/etc.etc.etc.)

Who all would be interested, and what would you like to see?

Planned(not finalized yet) features of the mod:
Independent installer/launcher to enable/disable mod options. (See: Darthmod Launchers)
Indicators between howitzers/smoothbore/etc

Option to split up brigades into regiments

Custom textures! Wooooo!

Add flags to each brigade/regiment, if possible in the engine.

Disable/Enable vedette ability to capture VPs

Disable/Enable VPs(if possible)

One long continuous battle option(if possible)

I would love to see a mod community arise from this game. Before we go planning on what we want, I think its best we at least wait until Ultimate General Gettysburg is a complete game first, we do not know what other surprises Darth will add to it yet! (Holding back my excitement)...

But... I would love to see this game with Regimental control instead of Brigades only. Would have to re-write the script for unit description and size. Detatch Brigade Generals and have them be separate entities but connected to specific Brigades for it to work. But with the current control of click and drag having Regimental control would be amazing. It would leave us with chances to modify the looks of specific Regiments just as they would of appeared.

Like South Carolina units wearing Light Blue, Mississippi units would have red dash mixed with their Grey and of course Virginia in their Dark Grey.

We could also perhaps show at the center of each regiment with their own specific Flag....

How amazing would that be!

I would love to see a mod community arise from this game. Before we go planning on what we want, I think its best we at least wait until Ultimate General Gettysburg is a complete game first, we do not know what other surprises Darth will add to it yet! (Holding back my excitement)...

Doesn't hurt to shout out what you'd like to see. ;D

But... I would love to see this game with Regimental control instead of Brigades only. Would have to re-write the script for unit description and size. Detatch Brigade Generals and have them be separate entities but connected to specific Brigades for it to work. But with the current control of click and drag having Regimental control would be amazing. It would leave us with chances to modify the looks of specific Regiments just as they would of appeared.

Like South Carolina units wearing Light Blue, Mississippi units would have red dash mixed with their Grey and of course Virginia in their Dark Grey.

We could also perhaps show at the center of each regiment with their own specific Flag....

How amazing would that be!

Wouldn't need that much re-writing actually.

1) Add more brigades

2) Rename all brigades to regiments

3) Decrease size to balanced levels

4) Add Corps Commanders(Rename them to Brigade generals, etc.)

5) Attach Regiments to those Brigade Commander.(For macro purposes)

But it would definitely simplify adding historically accurate brigade/regiment uniforms.

As for flags....can't say for sure how that would work out until we get the modding tools/open file system.