Game-Labs Forum

I'm on the forum to do everything I can to help the Dev's craft a truly fantastic game and there are great foundations here already.

However, the forum is a wild place with ideas firing off in all directions and discussion ranging for page after page often with people at either end of the extreme argument making the sensible middle 'happy ground' hard to figure. Like me I believe that the vast majority of people are on here to make this game as great as it can be but the benefit of all this input is lost without the core principles of the game being stated and presented by the Dev. I repeatedly have held of commenting further because there are no boundaries (principles) outlined by the devs. This leave the forum of passionate players firing off in all directions and wasting hours of time arguing the toss over something that the dev's have no intention of implementing.

I would really like to see the core principles of this games intentions stated by the dev. Any discussion can then be had on the forum about ideas that fit the principles of the game. If an idea if clearly outside the scope, lets not waste forum time discussing it. This will help keep discussions focused.

These principles also keep the game development on course by ensuring the changes made to the game comply with the principles, which in turn the user base expects as reason for investing time and money in the game in the first place.

Here is a few "examples"; Please note: I am not saying these are correct or what they should be - I want to know from the Dev's what the principles are they are working too;

*Ships should be historically accurate in the way they sail and in relation to all other ships in the game.

*Players should experience a steady progress through all the ships ranks

*PvP and PvE are equally important

*The environment should be such that your should at times feel like you are 'lost at sea'

*All things being equal a lower rank ship will 'typically' be defeated by the next high rank ship.

*Players should be encouraged to 'team up' with other players

*Trading and crafting are equally important as ship battles

The list could go on, but a long list can be distilled down to a relatively small number of principles say 8-10. If I have missed these already - then they should be pinned and stated as must read before being allowed to comment on the forum. This latest patch released today seems to shift us away from what I thought were some of the principles of this game but they aren't stated so I would like to know what they are.

• Like 1