Game-Labs Forum

Backstory:

Was in my Trincomalee today sailing from Port Morant back to Port Royal, When I had to step away to make a brief phone call, came back to eating a broadside from two third rates that a fellow Brit had tagged for attack, dragging myself and 4 other ships in with him. 

Needless to say, I lost my cool and cursed at him that would make the most salty sailor blush, but I feel that in hind sight he should have waited, but the game mechanic itself is at fault.

Suggestion:

This Mechanic needs a drastic change, and is honestly one of the more annoying facts about being on a busy server like PVPEU1. If a friendly is doing the attacking I should receive a "Yes or No" check box before being dragged into the battle. One Example of how this could even be implemented would be for the "checkbox" to show during the 20 second count down effect ships within the radius of attack, and you would be only dragged in IF you checked the "yes" box.

This would prevent griefing situations by people trolling, and prevent situations like what happened with me, where I was dragged in against my will, into a battle where I took significant damage, and due to real life constraints had to leave without getting any Xp/Credits.

Please note, that this is just for allies tagging AI vessels, not for Allies tagging enemies Players , or getting tagged by Enemy Players

Edited by Edge_of_Insanity
  • Like 3