Game-Labs Forum

AI Call reinforcements rework and the dissengagement

Hi captains,

I started this topic, because there are few things that really annoy me.

Call reinforcements option - I think this mechanic really needs reworking.it kills OW PVP. Yes, of course there will be ganks, but who cares? This is PVP server anyways and you can outrun your enemies in many smaller ships when you have the sailing skill and high game mechanics knowledge. There are some points I would like to see:

1) Call reinforcement will be available only in the close area near friendly harbor. For example if you see the name of the town in OW, then you can call in the reinforcements. The devs can make this distance a bit longer to allow easier escapes from ports.

2) No AI reinforcements from the neutral ports.

3) Calling in AI reinforcement costs you money. This should work similar to the AI companions mechanic. Calling in AI ships should not be free. The price should be determined by your level. The basic rank can have this option for free.

4) Ships type is determined by the type of the harbor from which you are the reinforcements comming. This means that only shallow water ships will come help you when the shallow port is the closest one from you and deep water ships will join you when there is deep water port nearby.

e) Make AI reinforcements not available at all when the BR difference between attacker and defender is not higher than 10-20 maybe? Simple as it is, this mechanic could bring a solo PVP experience.

There is one more thing that is truly annoying. It is abuse of unrealistic range of cannon ball shots.

Battle disengagement mechanics 

1) Keeping players in battles with super accurate sniper chasers with crazy firing range.This mechanic is highly abused by players keeping you with ball shot on extreme ranges (even 2 km+ shots) in the battle. They do like 1% sail damage every 2 minutes but eventually it leads to forcing you into repairing sails and continue this chase for another 15-20 minutes. It is OK when it is done on realistic distances (up to 1 km). I think the effective range of this era cannons is no more than 600m actually. So it should be reduced or the dispersion should be much bigger when firing over this effective range. 

2) replace the timer disengagement mechanics with the range disengagement mechanics - It is simple, when there is no enemy ship nearby (like 2 km) you can leave the battle even if you are being sniped from distance. This will be more realistic and it will bring more importance to tactical ship maneuvering.

Please discuss.

edit: correcting typos and misplaced smileys :)

Edited by Porpoise