Game-Labs Forum

Trading ships stolen by friendly players suggestions

Hi,

More then once I am running into the same problem when a friendly pirate ship comes in the middle of the battle and steals the trader you wore down because they are using small nimble ships to get close faster.

I think as a pirate I should be able to sink a cutter who is stealing the trader from a fight i started especialy when I am sailing on a surprise or similar ship and i have to look at cutter stealing from me or face penalties or a ban if i decide to shoot at it.

Suggestions are as follows:

1. Let us pirates flag friendly ship as enemy in the middle of the combat with say 30sec or 1 minute warning to that player before we turn hostile to each other. (which would make sense since pirates were never bound by laws to not kill other pirates)

2. Let the player who started a fight with a trader lay claim on that trader and if someone tries to board it they turn hostile to that player.

There might be other ways to make it work, but now those players don't face any risks if they try to steal the trader from other players. Even after the combat in OW I still can't do anything to them due to BR difference.

Best,

Dande.