Game-Labs Forum

So, I found the save file....

Tormidal

//hacked by Tormidal\\

<South_III_Corps_2ndDivision_3rdBrigade_Archer Hp="517.9199" Fatigue="2792.494" MoraleImpactsSum="-5166.093" BloodMoraleSum="0" MoraleShockSum="2.619802" TotalInflictedDamage="367.4929" x="808.3725" y="9008.604" />

This is one of the many lines in the save files.

You have the faction, the corp, the division, which brigade it is, and its name.

It then lists how many soldiers are left in the brigade, what its fatigue/condition is at.

You then have all of its morale considerations, so this unit isnt doing too well in terms of morale.

Lastly, you have how many soldiers this brigade has killed, and its position.

Not all of these fields can be changed without breaking the game, but I did manage to change a few of them.

First of all, if you set the soldier count too high, the game breaks and spawns everything far off the map in a corner.

7cdc32825335160755ba544b57238b27.png

Although, once you do find the right amount, which I've tested a few builds ago to be about 1650 ish, you start seeing this in-game.

In the image below, you'll see that Baxter, Cutler, and the Iron Brigade all have 1650 men.....some hundreds higher than they should be.

f7538dbfdd6302cf6913220eecdff290.png

Lastly, I tried this with some special brigades. Apparently, if you set it too high, it kind of breaks skirmishers/videttes/artillery. By breaking, I simply mean all the animations wont run properly, like they did with the brigades. Which is why, in the picture of Stevens below, you'll only see one cannon firing.(While it was racking up kills like you wouldn't believe.)

9c9bc4281e008ce657735f4580baa16a.png

I've also managed to get into some of Unity's files and look at textures and the maps and other images, but I can't view the script files or re-compile unity's files with new stuff. For more serious modding, we'll have to wait for support from Darth.

Enjoy the lulz, gents.

• Like 2

Wow, nice job. 

I actually opened shared assets files too. Just to see around.

But no idea how to do anything there hehe. 

I wonder, would it be very hard to add new units? map? etc?

In the current stage? Yes.

The issue with the shared asset files, is that they're Unity's proprietary file system, so little information about the file infrastructure is available.

There are a few tools out there that can open and de-compile them, but many of the files become corrupted and unviewable once you do this, as all of the script files do.

The other issue is that the only still supported tool to do this, can re-compile the asset files, but every file in there has to be the exact same size as the one that was there before it was de-compiled and opened. So you can't add any new files, and you can't change any pre-existing files unless its the same file size, which is hard to do in terms of textures and maps.

And there is a third issue, as I understand it, with the way Unity compiles, is that the game executable only looks at the asset files that were compiled with it. So it won't so much as bat an eye at any asset files we try to add on top of it, unless someone wants to try and hex edit the exe to read them, which is very tedious and very difficult.

Until Darth opens up the resources, we can't really touch the game assets.

• Like 1

Thank you for this explanation. 

Still it would be nice to help out with this game, assuming there is need for help.

This game kinda reminds of Unity Of Comand. Turn base but similar soft/cartoony graphics.

And it was pretty easy to mod it too. But I didn't bother too dig too much. Since its waay to simplistic overall.

I myself like to play rts/strategy games, and its not that much of them in these days!

It really pains me to see same game done over and over without any improvements  whatsoever.

So when I see indy dev. who tries something new I'm all for it!

Thank you for this explanation. 

Still it would be nice to help out with this game, assuming there is need for help.

This game kinda reminds of Unity Of Comand. Turn base but similar soft/cartoony graphics.

And it was pretty easy to mod it too. But I didn't bother too dig too much. Since its waay to simplistic overall.

I myself like to play rts/strategy games, and its not that much of them in these days!

It really pains me to see same game done over and over without any improvements  whatsoever.

So when I see indy dev. who tries something new I'm all for it!

Id like to help out in kick-starting the mod community that will hopefully grow. With Darth's experience in modding, hopefully he'll have a better view of it than some big-name devs. Modding can be done, but through Unity's asset files, its extremely difficult. plshelpusDarth.

I like to play RTS and strategy too, and its a slowly dying genre. But with the help of awesome developers like Darth and Uber Entertainment and Ironclad, we'll see a resurgence of the PC master race genre. :)