Game-Labs Forum

Latest patch

Reisman17

Hey great job on the patches so far. Really like the new map height feature. The only thing I have noticed so far that might need looking at is the artillery (again :-)). With this patch they have seem to act very erratically. What I mean is I can have them set up shooting at an enemy (perfectly within range) when all of a sudden they start moving towards the enemy. This can sometimes move them into range of another enemy unit. It did not seem to do this before the patch. I wonder if they are calculating that they need to move closer to inflict more damage and do not take anything else into consideration. Only my thought of why they would move once locked onto an enemy. I would like to see a deployed option (which we really should have since it was very difficult to move artillery (unless horse artillery) and would take some time to set up or pack up. When artillery is deployed they would not be able to move but should get a small bonus to morale. It should be more dangerous to get hit on the move (morale wise) then being deployed and being able to shoot back.  Would be great if you could look into this. By the way counter battery fire (on my side) seems to have very little effect on the enemy. I really hope in the future there will be an option to show how well your attacks are doing (e.g. with your unit selected and clicking on the enemy they are attacking we could show for instance a + for slight damage/morale loss, ++ moderate damage/morale loss and +++ for heavy damage/morale loss (you could also apply this to our own troops as well).This would help in planning attacks and knowing which ones are most effective. Hope this helps you track down these little gremlins and maybe add a new 'feature' or two. I also hope you like these ideas. Other than this it seems to be  doing great. Thanks for your hard work. 

Reisman17