Game-Labs Forum

Crew Suggestion

Have you guys heard of the game called the Mandate? It is a new space type game i think it is single player only but one of the features in that game I found really neat is the crew.

In The Mandate the crew are basically living people they all have there personalities and traits families love lives create drama onboard or break rules where you as the captain has to discipline them.

The way it can be set up as was suggested before for NA and is like how the Mandate has it. The player will have officers he can hand pick himself to start they will have unique traits and personalities and below the officers will be the regular crew for which your officers affect how well they do their job based off the skills and traits based off your officers.  Your officers manage the crew on there own unless you feel the need to make adjustments yourself. 

Starting out you have a few crew and few need of officers because your ship well is not that big as you gain rank and levels so does your crew and eventually one random crew member will be up for promotion to officer.  Reaching Admiral and have a officer ready and meet the requirements you can promote a officer or two to captain and give him a ship of his own.

Moral will play a part for your crew food and rum will be required to help maintain morale on long voyages. 

Officers can die or get injured just like the crew and when that happens a selection of random crew members will be made available for promotion.

Thoughts and devs can something like this be added in the future?

• Like 1

I like the concept as it supports more role playing, as long as it does not turn out to be a tamagotchi.

First, though, I'd like to see a crew modifier that gets better the longer you keep you crew together. They sail better, and fire faster (most important) the longer they have worked together.

If you switch ships or sink, the crew starts over.

This would add another reason to preserve what you have, and could tip the balance in battles between different ship classes.

First, though, I'd like to see a crew modifier that gets better the longer you keep you crew together. They sail better, and fire faster (most important) the longer they have worked together.

If you switch ships or sink, the crew starts over.

+1 to this.

Though I think the combat modifiers should be based on actual time the crew has been in combat together (at least for combat related things). This would make player both want to fight and protect the crew. Maybe a boost to PvP experience for crew as well as not solely encourage PvE farming and just running from PvP. Maybe would add an element of risk to being able to get a really top notch crew, while also encouraging risk.

• Like 1