Game-Labs Forum

Tiny Second Manassas?

Howdy. I'm on my second BG playthrough as the confederacy after being crushed at Antietam several times in the first go-round and having no way to recover. I've been keeping my army small so the union doesn't scale up too badly.

After Gaines Mill and Malvern Hill, I have about 30,000 men total in two corps, but they're one and two stars, many with Enfields. I have plenty of money and recruits to build a third corps and/or beef up the ones I have with green soldiers but I'm thinking of keeping the army small to have a more manageable Second Manassas, which I'm about to fight. I remember being pretty badly outnumbered for this battle. Would it be wise to fight with this small army of two corps, or should I build up more men? James Longstreet is sitting around waiting to lead III Corps...

I just played 2nd manassas with my 2 corps CSA army. I had no problem winning, and wasn't that much outnumbered. You just need to occupy the forests east of the walled defences so you can buy time until your reinforcement come.