Game-Labs Forum

Smoke on the battlefield.

Lillibullero

3 hours ago, CaptainKanundrum said:

Might be a good benchmark for the kind of smoke haze caused by sustained smoothbore musket fire.

Note: I don't believe they are using era appropriate rifles though.

Not really sure what you mean by this?

While some weapons used by both sides were smoothbore in the beginning of the war, by the second year, most everyone had a rifle.   And to be honest, the amount of smoke from a black powder smoothbore or a black powder rifle since it is the same composition powder, would be the same.

To answer your second part, it looks like a carbine competition.

Edited by A. P. Hill

2 hours ago, A. P. Hill said:

Not really sure what you mean by this?

While some weapons used by both sides were smoothbore in the beginning of the war, by the second year, most everyone had a rifle.   And to be honest, the amount of smoke from a black powder smoothbore or a black powder rifle since it is the same composition powder, would be the same.

To answer your second part, it looks like a carbine competition.

I just meant it as a real world example of what kind of smoke might be generated. I did not know enough about the differences between smoothbore or rifled muskets to comment on rifled ones. Good to know that they are similar in smoke though! I just knew that the event this video is from highly prizes their smoothbore musket competitions.