Game-Labs Forum

Weird graphical glitch and ML/UE log

MDHansen

[16:17:23.449] [UnityExplorer] [Unity] Material 'BadMaterial' with Shader 'Unlit/Color' doesn't have a texture property '_MainTex'

I've seen this in my logs lately, pops up during fights, the colours in fights are a bit off. Like it says, it seems to be missing shaders and/or shadows. I don't edit anything in the sharedassets except the submarine texture2d and the corresponding sprite, replacing the submarine with a cogwheel in the tech tree. Also, I have run the game completely vanilla, by deleting all files manually and verified, no luck.

@NathanKell poking you here since you might perhaps know what this is(?)

Edited by MDHansen

1 hour ago, MDHansen said:

hm.. seems to be the weather maybe. Just realized my last 20+ battles has always been nice weather, although  the weather info in top says otherwise. But even a completely unmodded game I get this. superduperweird

Just sounds like they're using a material that just has a color and no texture, and Unity is grouchy? Can't imagine that's actually causing the issues you describe.

Well, apparently it fixed itself. Not sure how or why. Downloaded the beta, then went back to last optimized, and huzzah, all fine😝 Not doing anything different to the resource file than I have before.

Crisis averted I guess😬

Edited by MDHansen