Game-Labs Forum

Last update 1.6.04 messed up my campaign

Your fix for funnels, engines and fuel completely messed up my current campaign. Funnels and engine weights were low before but now they are too heavy and too inefficient. Also all my ships are way too front heavy. Whatever you did completely screwed up ship balance. Even putting all stacks guns and masts to their re-most area the ships are still 20 -40% on Fore Way Offset. I wish I could stop Steam from auto updating your game but it's only possible to revert back to 1.5 thereby destroying my saved game.

Please revert the update. If you must tinker with engines, funnels and fuel make sure you are not unbalancing hulls. Also fuel weights fell after update which is ok but again it messed up everything else.

• Like 1

Nick has said the balance changes were deliberate.

Apparently the game designers think the ship designers of the time were absolute morons who didn't know how to 
balance a ship or the benefits of it. I mean not like they hadn't been making balanced ships since the 1600s.

• Like 1

It's easy to stop steam from updating your game. Properties->updates->"only update game when I launch it" and copy the game .exe from the folder to your desktop and run the game from there.

If you need to revert, see below

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/44057-if-you-need-to-downgrade-uad-version-after-an-update/#comment-787219

Edited by MDHansen