Game-Labs Forum

Great Game - First fix/Feature Request

Hobo

I have wanted a game like this for a long long time.  I will right a long (very positive) review when I get the time but there is one issue bugging me and that is how fleeing troops get super human powers and can run 3x faster than regular troops for hundreds of miles and then regoup in to an effective fighting force with all of their guns and arty in a few hours.  I have run in to this a couple of times but the best example is when I forced the garrison out of Fort Stevens, I had my Portsmouth garrison on the other side of the Merrimac as a blocking support force.  The Stevens garrison  troops fled right through my blocking force and ran for a few hundred miles in the woods in my controlled territory only to regroup a few miles from Portsmouth and quickly take the open town.  I had my fresh garrison militia trying to follow them but they were a day or so too late.  In another game I was able to pin the fleeing garrison in the NW corner of the map with a 3-1 advantage and it took a week and roughly half of my force to slowly destroy them.  In another game I had the Newport garrison flee south in to the atlantic ocean almost to block island and hung on for over a week before they were slowly reduced to zero.  

Also, you really do need a manual as the game has so much depth that is not covered in the tutorials that you need to understand to be able to play the game effectively.  My fear is you are going to lose a lot of early adopters that get frustrated and quite.  I understand why you do not have one available as they are a pain to create and hard to keep current as the game evolves, but I do think it would be in your best interest.  At a minimum you need to create a lot more tutorials with greater explanation of the basic game management.

My two cents and to repeat, this is a great game and I want you folks to have great success.  And then this is done, please port it back to the civil war ASAP:}

• 1 month later...

I'd like to second this, cause it's very frustrating.

Most (95%) of my battles the Brits just run away. I can't do nothing about it. The only thing that happens is that my troops loose endurance.

It's also funny to see that the same fleeing Troops are able to beat my Troops (get them fleeing) in the campaing map. When i take over an try to play the battle

the Brits run away again.  there has to be a way to beat them in deatail without letting them run ..