Game-Labs Forum

Atrocious single to triple Japanese 4"&5" mk 4 Secondaries on CA and larger

These high angle guns work nice on something like a big ole battleship with specialized mountings for them but have a massive footprint and it's impossible to place them in any useful places on all but the largest cruisers or to get them to have decent firing arcs on anything and I essentially have to either rework the secondaries to 3.9" secondaries (yay massed amounts of Akizuki guns IG) entirely when I refit a cruiser or battleship, use the oversized 6" turrets, use quad turrets, or never refit ships and just loading ships down with triple 3.9" guns to compensate for the lack of overall firepower.

Just having the option to chose between the high angle turrets and the turrets that are on destroyers and light cruisers would be great especially for heavy cruisers with limited deck space and no tower secondary mounts capable of holding them. Especially when I'm even trying to not go overboard, I like my twin 120mm and 140mm gun mountings even if they're not very efficient they're historically accurate.

• 2 months later...