Game-Labs Forum

New tips & features we all want

hangmans_joke

• 2 weeks later...

One thing which could introduce some interesting and creative gameplay is changing the environment to create your own covers. It could be something simple like digging the ground/sand to make trenches or moving different objects.

Another potentially interesting feature is using different objects in your range to fight. Imagine throwing bottles, stools and improvising with different objects. Could be fitting for Western theme as well. 

1 minute ago, Normand said:

One thing which could introduce some interesting and creative gameplay is changing the environment to create your own covers. It could be something simple like digging the ground/sand to make trenches or moving different objects.

Another potentially interesting feature is using different objects in your range to fight. Imagine throwing bottles, stools and improvising with different objects. Could be fitting for Western theme as well. 

Looks like a challenge for devs)) But I'll let them know!

• 1 month later...

Hello, rustlers!

As a player of Escape from Tarkov and Hunt: Showdown, among others. What I look for most is realism, both in weapons and ballistics. I have read all the "Dev-Blogs" and I really liked what I saw.

Of course, what I would like most is for the weapons to be as historically realistic as possible, both in reloading or cocking animations, and in the year of manufacture (before 1899), and for their damage and rate to be accurate, at the same time. just like its modifications. It is clear that this last point is very important, it seems good to me that one can modify their weapon to their liking, but I think it should not be too exaggerated and remain within a realistic margin, for example, with a Winchester 1873, one could choose a carbine or rifle version and had a wide variety of woods or calibers, there is no need to expand much further.

I would also like to see real weapons and not invented ones, although their names are due to copyright, see many models of Winchester, Sharps, Colt, Remignton, Marlin, etc. and that these models are consistent with their calibers, for example , I wouldn't like to see a Henry 1860 or a Winchester 1892 in a caliber like .30-06, etc...

Like many vintage shooters, I reload my own ammunition, currently the caliber I use most is the .44-40, I also cast my own bullets and reload with both modern powder and black powder, I really liked the dev-blog about The creation of ammunition seemed very extensive and realistic to me. take the opportunity to say that I would love to see the most legendary calibers of the time, since without the .45-70, .45 colt, .38-40, .50-110, 12 and 10 gauge, etc., without these calibers I don't feel Make it a western game.

I would also like to see muzzle-loading weapons, both rifles and shotguns, as well as revolvers, although their gameplay is very limited due to reloading, in 1899, they were still widely used weapons, given their low price and customization of reloads.

In short, I probably still left many things in the pipeline, but broadly speaking it is what I expect from a western game of this style, I am very excited about this project, and I think it has enough realism and without exaggerating with the customization of weapons (a good example is Escape from Tarkov, which with an extensive weapon modification platform, is still quite realistic) I am looking forward to the beta and the progress of this game, you are doing a great job!

PS: sorry for my English, I'm Spanish hahaha

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Logan1851 said:

Hello, rustlers!

As a player of Escape from Tarkov and Hunt: Showdown, among others. What I look for most is realism, both in weapons and ballistics. I have read all the "Dev-Blogs" and I really liked what I saw.

Of course, what I would like most is for the weapons to be as historically realistic as possible, both in reloading or cocking animations, and in the year of manufacture (before 1899), and for their damage and rate to be accurate, at the same time. just like its modifications. It is clear that this last point is very important, it seems good to me that one can modify their weapon to their liking, but I think it should not be too exaggerated and remain within a realistic margin, for example, with a Winchester 1873, one could choose a carbine or rifle version and had a wide variety of woods or calibers, there is no need to expand much further.

I would also like to see real weapons and not invented ones, although their names are due to copyright, see many models of Winchester, Sharps, Colt, Remignton, Marlin, etc. and that these models are consistent with their calibers, for example , I wouldn't like to see a Henry 1860 or a Winchester 1892 in a caliber like .30-06, etc...

Like many vintage shooters, I reload my own ammunition, currently the caliber I use most is the .44-40, I also cast my own bullets and reload with both modern powder and black powder, I really liked the dev-blog about The creation of ammunition seemed very extensive and realistic to me. take the opportunity to say that I would love to see the most legendary calibers of the time, since without the .45-70, .45 colt, .38-40, .50-110, 12 and 10 gauge, etc., without these calibers I don't feel Make it a western game.

I would also like to see muzzle-loading weapons, both rifles and shotguns, as well as revolvers, although their gameplay is very limited due to reloading, in 1899, they were still widely used weapons, given their low price and customization of reloads.

In short, I probably still left many things in the pipeline, but broadly speaking it is what I expect from a western game of this style, I am very excited about this project, and I think it has enough realism and without exaggerating with the customization of weapons (a good example is Escape from Tarkov, which with an extensive weapon modification platform, is still quite realistic) I am looking forward to the beta and the progress of this game, you are doing a great job!

PS: sorry for my English, I'm Spanish hahaha

Thank you so much! We definitely need your feedback on that! 
And also, after the CBT starts - be sure to start your own thread with that topic. I can assure you - that the Dev team (as well as many players) will gladly discuss it here with you!
Cheers!

11 hours ago, Logan1851 said:

Perfect! Thank you very much for your comment and your words, I will try to be as helpful as possible. And do you know more or less the date of the beta?

We're gathering the applications now. I think it's around 10-14 days since today. Maybe even earlier. We will make an additional announcement on this as well as send the information letters with the instructions and access keys. Just simple as that. Great thank you for your desire to help!

• 1 month later...

Hey there,

I'm not very good at hardcore shooters like tarkov or hunt but I like the Western aesthetic that y'all have and I'm on the fence about buying while it's on sale. Since I'm pretty bad at hardcore PVP I mostly play tarkov singleplayer with mods and have a lot of fun with it. Are there any plans for a way to queue into a match with only bots, or would you permit a third party team to mod the game to have that feature? There's been some drama in the past with people being banned for using singleplayer mods and needing to buy a new copy of the game, and I wanted to know if you had a stance on how you'd approach that with your game.

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Supervark said:

How about introducing motor vehicles? They started being popular around 1870 though these were steam-powered, petrol came around 1890. though these vehicles were few and far between. Would just be interesting. 

Oh man, I should tell it to the rest of dev team)