Game-Labs Forum

Balanced ship design since latest updates (pitch value)

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum so I am not sure my post is in the right place.

Since the latest updates I experienced it has become increasingly difficult to create balanced ships in the shipbuilder. "Proven" design layouts from former campaign playthroughs are now way out of balance, I am speaking of the pitch value here especially.

Getting some hull types to work at all results in so many reductions in armament and range it renders them almost useless (looking at you, Yamato hull 🙄) ,which is a pity. Often the only way to get a ships pitch below 25% is to increase the main deck armor to insane levels, in some cases exceeding the main belt thickness, because playing with the hull length and width sliders is simply not enough!

To clarify: I am not complaining my battleship creation with 4 quadruple 20 inch turrets is overweight or so, I am talking of simple design layouts with reasonable main/secondary armament , speed and so on.

I've got over 1.500 hrs in UAD now and I love tweaking things in shipbuilder, for me it is one major feature of the game. But i've got the feeling, some values have been tweaked and went off the board ...

For now, i will refrain from posting any screenshots or getting into any further detail for specific hulls, just want to find out if anybody has experienced the same issues ...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have the very same problem. Just to get pitch level from yellow numbers requires lot of undesirable design choices: decreasing aft and fore armour thickness, bloating main belt and deck armour, decreasing draught, decreasing number of bulkheads etc.

I came back to the game after a year or so and I am quite surprised how difficult balancing the ship became. Back in the day, it was easy to get pitch slightly over 10% just by making the ship compact - not to extend turret placement towards bow and stern too much. But now, it is not possible. But when I inspect AI designs, they tend to have very high pitch - definitely over 25%, sometimes over 30%. Is lower twenties a new norm here or is it some kind of bug?