Game-Labs Forum

Custom Battles - Outdated Ships and Equipment

Let me start off by saying; I love this game (simulator sorta?), I have probably sunk more hours into it than Kaiser Wilhelm II lost attempting make his own ship designs (Ok ok Ill stop).

One thing I have really come to enjoy is lop sided or odd combinations to test their capabilities in Custom Battles. For example; To built a horrendously overpowered 1940s destroyer and take on 10x 1890 battleships solo, or vice versa.

Another thing I would love to do however, is have the ability to mount new technology to old ships, or vice versa. For example when choosing to builda 1940s BB, it would be interesting to have the option to build an 1890 hull, but being able to select the top Krupp armour and mounting Mk.V gun systems (think if it like making a modernized version of an existing design?). Unfortunately as it is now, you can not select many obsolete hulls when playing at higher technology years. Inversely it would be interesting to be able to build a 1940s hull but be able to use older technology like Mk.I guns and such (as it stands this is mostly possible, for example just stick with Iron armour or Steam Expansion). Obviously this would have to be in Custom Battles only.

Yeah just my two cents. Anyone feel the same?

• Like 1