Game-Labs Forum

Unit Icons missing on Map Edges

Thomasew

Hi,

I've noticed, .. with the release of the most recent patch, .. that Unit Icons ONLY appear on the Battlefield Map itself, .. and not off map (but still on the mapboard) like they did, prior to the patch, .. and only when the entire Brigade is actually on the map.

For me, .. this has presented a couple of issues:-

1. Playing as the Confederates, especially given their colour, .. if the entire Brigade etc. is not on the Battlefield, .. it is difficult to see the Brigade, as half of it is off the Map (and no Unit icon). This is especially difficult when zoomed out, and the brigade might be positioned along the top edge of the Map.

2. When units have retreated, .. the might have retreated off the Map edge, .. but not off the mapboard itself.  Without the Unit icon cue, they are essentially lost to the battle, .. as they cannot be seen. Although, on one occasion .. I saw them withdrawing off the map, .. and clicked around in the brown area of the mapboard, .. and was able to find them again. :)

I've had a couple of Brigades just disappear on me, .. and I know they were close to the map edge. :(

Given the location of some of the battles, .. you have no choice but to fight along the edges of the map. However, with the latest patch, you risk the possibility of losing some of your Brigades for the duration of the Battle, .. as they are situated (fallen back or retreated) slightly off-map. 

Was this a design decision?, .. :huh:

Cheers

Tom

• Like 1