Game-Labs Forum

Calculating Outcome?

Ol_hickory

So I've been playing for about a week and achieved victories as both sides, but am not sure how level of victory (minor, major, epic) is calculated.

Victory on individual days seems to revolve entirely around capturing VPs, but last night winning with confederates netted me a minor victory despite a total score of ~4800 - ~1300 points and fewer casualties than the enemy. Clearly there are other factors at work in determining campaign outcome... what are they?

I'd venture to say your total losses as the Confederates has something to do with it, not necessarily the ratio of losses.  Considering that the campaign victory score is in context of the larger war effort, if you lose 25k troops as the Confederates, it doesn't really help even if you killed 35k of theirs.  An "Epic" victory would mean you still have the majority of the AnV intact so as to be able to follow up on your victory and continue your campaign invading the North.

I could be wrong though.  I mean, it all makes sense but its not exactly clear either when you start a campaign.  On one hand, VP's would appear the primary goal in each map.  We're ingrained as gamer's to get all those big VP's you see on the map, at whatever cost.  But if you suffer terrible losses taking them it doesn't really matter.