Game-Labs Forum

Well yesterday the brave USN tryed to catch a single spanish cerberus 11 vs 1 but we all were ambushing they. we (rae) were inside key west and exit to the battle. 11 vs 15 the americans escaped like ****** cowards rats, they only fight if they have 4 3rd rate and obvious superiority. We fight against their 3rd rates with honor!!.

PD: Guys ist just a game, americans dont be kids and set 4am timers, spanish stop that rage river, if they take ports more pvp for us!!!! remember that its just a game.

PD:2 Maybe the timers should have a max duration of 2 days until the ports can be taken at all day time i think that this will add much fun to the game. Remember that we are playing in a UE server. And yes i admit that spanish gulds actually are very disorganised.

Animan Borman, you're right it's just a game. Which makes it confusing why so many Spanish have suddenly developed a severely malevolent attitude. I suspect it is because their very own national pride is under attack: after all, the extreme losses they have incurred without any recourse are quite "embarrassing", if one were to associate national psyche with the actions and performance of a faction in an MMO (which I assure you most reasonable people do not).

But I must say, with all due respect, you also fall victim to the type of nationalistic propaganda that so disillusions your countrymen into vilifying an enemy (of your own creation, by the way) that is beating you soundly on every front. You speak of American cowardice; I have yet to find a group of Spanish that will fight on even terms. Yesterday a superior force of Spanish frigates led by "hardcoregamer" Papa Bear promptly exited a fight against a motley force of American light frigates and snows. You think your own people are brave and we are somehow cowards; this thought is human nature as the urge to eliminate cognitive dissonance wants to help you ensure your own validity as a person. The results of 40,000 years of evolution, however, say that humans will behave remarkably similarly regardless of arbitrary faction selection on an MMO in 2016.

When it comes to outcomes in Naval Action, if anything the advantage over a long period will go to numerical superiority and individual skill superiority, which it is objectively clear the U.S. faction happens to have more of both, at this current time. And this is what we are seeing manifest ingame.

• Like 2

I have every sympathy for the Spanish at the moment. But I've got to say, honour is very nice, heroic stories of men fighting to the death against a superior foe do make good movies. All that being said militarily there is nothing cowardly or dishonourable in disengaging or declining battle if you have doubt of gaining victory. It's a military strategy, even if you outnumber the enemy it is sometimes militarily viable to decline battle if there is reason to doubt the outcome, this isn't the Combat of the thirty (le combat des trente). I know alot of this comes from role play propaganda and the like but there is a fine line between role play and meaningful words, I strongly advise any one who takes offence to anything said in roleplay or jest need to learn to take these comments in their stride and take their revenge through blowing to pieces the next enemy vessel they engage.

• Like 2

Animan Borman, you're right it's just a game. Which makes it confusing why so many Spanish have suddenly developed a severely malevolent attitude. I suspect it is because their very own national pride is under attack: after all, the extreme losses they have incurred without any recourse are quite "embarrassing", if one were to associate national psyche with the actions and performance of a faction in an MMO (which I assure you most reasonable people do not).

But I must say, with all due respect, you also fall victim to the type of nationalistic propaganda that so disillusions your countrymen into vilifying an enemy (of your own creation, by the way) that is beating you soundly on every front. You speak of American cowardice; I have yet to find a group of Spanish that will fight on even terms. Yesterday a superior force of Spanish frigates led by "hardcoregamer" Papa Bear promptly exited a fight against a motley force of American light frigates and snows. You think your own people are brave and we are somehow cowards; this thought is human nature as the urge to eliminate cognitive dissonance wants to help you ensure your own validity as a person. The results of 40,000 years of evolution, however, say that humans will behave remarkably similarly regardless of arbitrary faction selection on an MMO in 2016.

When it comes to outcomes in Naval Action, if anything the advantage over a long period will go to numerical superiority and individual skill superiority, which it is objectively clear the U.S. faction happens to have more of both, at this current time. And this is what we are seeing manifest ingame.

Well remember that the light frigates and snows fleet was against a single player, we where ambushing, anyway the spanish fleet is composed by frigates and snows, we cannot operate 3rd rates yet. But sometimes we fight against yours.

Im not gonna cry its a game. And its very fun when we have a balanced battle.

San Jose, San Marcos, and Hitten Hatcha have each been added to the American Republic!  Newly liberated individuals have gathered under the banner of "Free Trade and Sailors' Rights!" eagerly looking to earn both prestige and profit!

All ports were ominously uncontested, leaving those far from Havana to wonder when they too will be abandoned by their alleged benefactors.

• Like 1

"La Mano del Diablo and Bastardos sin Gloria" Privateer Spanish Squadrons, War Report; 8 Febrary.

US:

"TDA" Z4YS:            Yellow Frigate.

"TDA" SEAWOLF:   Surprise

Lemonarque:           Niagara

Pirate: "BSPX" Captain Blonbbeard, Snow

KIA: "LMD" Tete Gauss.

Edited by lobogris

Ok, looks like we need to start keeping track.  Today I've already seen a dozen Spanish sunk, including several Rens and Cerbs.  I'm not sure who Z4IS is, no player exists by that name.

Also, Lemonarque was sunk because you capsized his niagara in a last ditch effort, since you couldn't win, had to turn to grief mechanics.

Prater, I wouldn't bother flooding the boards with lengthy lists of Spanish sunk. If they need to post individual ship battles to assuage their national honor, so be it. The world can tell the difference between major ports and regions captured against a list of individual vessels.

• Like 1

First Major engagement during Spain prime time a few days back.

Since the Spanish would like to count...

Spanish had a couple of cutters, the rest ranged from Niagaras to a Connie. Total players: 20

US had a cutter and a navy brig, the rest ranged from Niagaras to a single 3rd rate. Total players: 11

Screenshot taken near the end of battle as the last Spanish ships were being killed off.  Total American losses 2 Niagaras.  Spanish were all killed or forced to run and try to escape.

y7q6fgq.jpg

• Like 3

I can already imagine the excuse they will use for this one lol.

Well personally i can see how a battle like this could've gone that way.

Rank wise (excluding ai cutters) the Americans outnumber the Spanish by a small amount (1650 vs 1560 men), you could argue the Spanish should have the advantage due to more actual players in the battle, however Trafalgar can be a good example how splitting a larger enemy leads to victory. Could also argue the Spanish have less experience in the game in that particular battle based off've rank. Alot of different variables. No doubt however this was a decisive battle for the Americans as no friendlies were sunk.

tldr: no need to add salt , have some empathy

Edited by Captain_Chis

Well personally i can see how a battle like this could've gone that way.

Rank wise (excluding ai cutters) the Americans outnumber the Spanish by a small amount (1650 vs 1560 men), you could argue the Spanish should have the advantage due to more actual players in the battle, however Trafalgar can be a good example how splitting a larger enemy leads to victory. Could also argue the Spanish have less experience in the game in that particular battle based off've rank. Alot of different variables. No doubt however this was a decisive battle for the Americans as no friendlies were sunk.

tldr: no need to add salt , have some empathy

Might be as simple as who initiated the combat.

But I have no sympathy for the Spanish, been ganked by them about half a dozen times.

No salt just facts.

Dear Sirs:

Regarding the first pic....well, there is no need to look foe excuses. Some unexperienced pvp players decided to stand their ground with the catastrofic outcome it usually envolves. They just need some time and guidance.

Regarding the second pic, there is nothing dishonourable in runing away to fight another day. After being killed twice in less than one hour by the same guys you (z4ys) should learn from them instead of mocking them.

Today, after killing or capturing arround 20 US navy ships during the last week we finally found some resistance near Kay west. For the first time we found some US navy oficers fighting wisely and honorably and you managed to kill one Spanish PvP player. You had to pay first with 2 Frigates and later with 1 Nigara, but it was a nice fight.

Congratulations guys, well fought. 

By the way, here are some pictures of z4ys exploding like a pro. 

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198199104407/screenshots/

Hope to find you in the high seas soon.

Best regards and good winds to you all.

Gaizka

"La Mano del Diablo and Bastardos sin Gloria" Privateer Spanish Squadrons, War Report; 10 Febrary.

Us. Navy:

"GWF" EL CHATO                   MERCURY

"GWF"  REUSTY                      MERCURY

"BSP"   PLAID PILOT               BRIG

VERMON MERILL                    NIAGARA

"BSP" PLAID PILOT                 BRIG

"TF" WILLFORD TIBBETTS    CERVERUS

"La Mano del Diablo and Bastardos sin Gloria" Privateer Spanish Squadrons, War Report; 10 Febrary.

Us. Navy:

"GWF" EL CHATO                   MERCURY

"GWF"  REUSTY                      MERCURY

"BSP"   PLAID PILOT               BRIG

VERMON MERILL                    NIAGARA

"BSP" PLAID PILOT                 BRIG

"TF" WILLFORD TIBBETTS    CERVERUS

What he doesn't say is that that 'battle' was 7 vs 1.  They jumped into my mission and attacked. 

I didn't see the other guys at all.  Well, I did see Lobogris.  As he was among the Spanish/Pirate players attacking. lol...

We see equality by numbers and hulls - 1 frigate being equal to 1 frigate for example. It seems the Spaniards, to be gloating about these occurrances, see equality by skill - 7 Spanish flags being equal to 1 US flag.

For me, I congratulate the Spanish faction to be able to build a squadron to seek out a fair fight with individual US vessels. I'll be sure to recall the inherent unfairness of the fight when I gank a Spanish vessel on my own, and thus keep my enthusiasm to appropriate levels.

• Like 1