Game-Labs Forum

Damage Farming - Demotions

When will said captains lose their rank?

Also is it not slightly harsh to reset their XP completely? Maybe use their game time and the average daily exp to calculate what rank they would be at having used the grinding methods considered to be fair? 

They have still paid for the game and put time into it which they cannot get back.

Can I get the same treatment by just sitting AFK in port?

Leniency on cheaters, I wonder what's next.

Edited by Quineloe

btw your automatic system have flaws for example i engage 3rd rate npc bringing them to 10% thean leave battle, re-enaging them in Ow over and over i can farm 500k dmg withouth sinking it engaging it 25 times+ in a raw , this will give a false positive? 

You fail to read the rule.

2 players or more. no npc involved.

I was not aware of this flaw in the system when one can gain XP by gaming the system but I am still a little confused as to how "damage farming" is accomplished.  Can someone define what it is so we can be sure to not be doing it inadvertently? Does it always take 2 or more players in cahoots or are single players able to use this cheat as well??

• Like 1

Any chance you will name and disgrace the players? That is generally a huge incentive NOT to do something like this.

I do not agree on this. It is no incentive at all.

The incentive is to know that exploiters are dealt with so stay safe, play safe, have fun.

• Like 4

I do not agree on this. It is no incentive at all.

The incentive is to know that exploiters are dealt with so stay safe, play safe, have fun.

Actually name and shaming has been proven to be a huge dissuasive tool against hackers/cheaters/exploiters in the past. When someone gets named as a cheater, it looks bad not only on them but their entire guild. This means that guilds tend to keep a closer eye on their members also and causes guilds to self police these sorts of actions. 

• Like 8

Thanks for this devs, i mean it 100%, cheats have made me stop playing certain games fullstop i hate them, it's even worse when the devs don't do anything to stop them so a big +1 and i'll be buying whatever premium ships you make with out a doubt.

Please keep this stance.

I was not aware of this flaw in the system when one can gain XP by gaming the system but I am still a little confused as to how "damage farming" is accomplished.  Can someone define what it is so we can be sure to not be doing it inadvertently? Does it always take 2 or more players in cahoots or are single players able to use this cheat as well??

It has already been explained quite clearly, in this very thread no less, there is no way to do this accidentally, and excuses of "I didnt know it was against the rules" do not cut it, it is up to players to seek out and acquaint themselves with the rules.

It involves attacking a player ship that deliberately does not fight back, instead it sits in place allowing players to do damage. Before the ship sinks the players allow it to leave the instance to repair to full health, before attacking it again and repeating ad nauseum with no intention of sinking or capping it. In response to the question about npc's, you cannot farm damage from npc's in a way that breaks the rules (unforseen bugs in the future notwithstanding). Npc's fight back or make every attempt to escape.

Edited by Hexcaliber

"I didnt know it was against the rules" 

Hex, I could not agree more.  Plus, someone cannot tell me, in this example, that they know they are purposely circumventing a game play progression system.  Even someone with only the slightest of moral compass would know better.

These individuals were caught.  They've paid their due, and can now return to the NA community as contributors.

• Like 1

Two enemy players work together to level up by farming damage and xp and not killing each other.  Usually, one has a larger ship and a bunch of smaller ships join in to farm damage, and everyone stops fighting after so much damage is farmed.  They then leave and repeat.

Actually name and shaming has been proven to be a huge dissuasive tool against hackers/cheaters/exploiters in the past. When someone gets named as a cheater, it looks bad not only on them but their entire guild. This means that guilds tend to keep a closer eye on their members also and causes guilds to self police these sorts of actions. 

I do not disagree. It is a double edge blade though.

It is great to see action taken against the exploit. Thank you Developers for taking the time to police the game and keeping it playable for all. Even in buying the game, capitalizing on the exploits hurts all players and punishment is just. It does take time to gain gold for improvements, it takes many battles to get to a different level of experience. What these individuals did, from what I have read, is taken an advantage of an exploit to enrich their own position in the game. Giving themselves advantages over all other players. I am glad they have been caught and being dealt with.

Thank you Sirs o7