Game-Labs Forum

Damage Farming - Demotions

I believe there are vids on YT already. Having said that in certain areas groups of players are going into "enemy" territory and getting PVP - Pirates and Spanish on US coast for example.

I want a stream. Not a 30 minute highlight video of an entire week of looking for PVP.

Yes but what you mentioned is perfectly normal and allowed, the farming exploit refers more to people of the same faction or realm as well, point is that it should be reported if it is seen.

Sure thing. But given it is for certain a Setup combat specifically for "farming" I think you will not be able to SEE and REPORT it.

Therefore the devs have the system Setup since sea trials to root them out.

Will 'farming' (still not absolutely sure what it means) be made impossible by the time the game is released?

'farming' as a general term (in regards to games) is pretty much synonymous with 'grinding' except it implies that you are skirting (or outright ignoring) the intended way to play the game in order to get more rewards

will it be impossible?  I sincerely doubt it.  Will it be impossible to do regularly without receiving negative consequences, e.g. an xp reset? probably.

Ahh, I see. The rules are not very clear, only through sifting through lots of posts was I able to find the Sea Rules, which did not mentioned damage farming, or using flawed game mechanics to their advantage (although it is rather obvious). Perhaps create a new forum category where an updated set of in-game rules are displayed?

Will it ruin the game? Most likely not. In the short term it does give an advantage, in the long term once everyone has ranked up it will do nothing.

Agreed. Maybe make the "Rules" more accessible for people to find? So no more excuses from cheaters!

Thanks Quineloe. I've just read it. I can only ask myself, what is the point of being in this type of wargame and doing such a thing? Surely, there must be other games available which are simple and arcade-like, etc., which cater for that sort of playing. I am glad the devs are making it difficult for such a thing to occur. I have always regarded 'playing the game' more important than winning--(even though there is pleasure in winning).

As an aside, I agree with Stephen_Decatur and The American that we need Sea Rules and even a Manual.

Edited by Lannes