Game-Labs Forum

Random Explosion

SwartzT

I was in a Plunderer Mission with my friend vs two brigs. About 10 minutes in one brigs randomly explodes, taking with it my AI fleet ships, the other brig, my snow. On the score board it says that every ship are "Captured". Are the explosions that strong to take out a ship or many others in a match and capture them?

post-17415-0-79913800-1454637836_thumb.jpg

Edited by SwartzT

They are indeed, you will notice that if you have vets in the game with you, at the first sign of fire they start making way to get clear of a burning ship. Big piles of gunpowder go boom inside an enclosed space make a mess of everything around be it with initial explosion, or the debris sent flying all around the point of bang. Fire get clear, if a ship has full crew they are very likely to be able to manage the fire, but if you have graped them down then the few left are almost certainly going to fail.

I was doing missions with a friend the other night. He was in a snow, and was only down to about 95% armor on one side when suddenly he caught fire, went into Fire Shock, and then exploded 5 seconds later. He didn't even have time to go into survival mode. The resulting explosion killed about a third of my crew and put me into crew shock even though I was pretty far away. 

P.S.

Snows are somewhat notorious for this as their powder magazine is located above the waterline, making it easier to hit.

Edited by JookySeaCaptain

I was doing missions with a friend the other night. He was in a snow, and was only down to about 95% armor on one side when suddenly he caught fire, went into Fire Shock, and then exploded 5 seconds later. He didn't even have time to go into survival mode. The resulting explosion killed about a third of my crew and put me into crew shock even though I was pretty far away. 

P.S.

Snows are somewhat notorious for this as their powder magazine is located above the waterline, making it easier to hit.

I wasnt the one who exploded, the brig exploded, no fire start. I went up to broad side him and he exploded.

Edited by SwartzT