Game-Labs Forum

Work in progress

12 hours ago, admin said:

Wi0hbUK.jpg

Month almost up, or should we expect 52 weeks for this too?

9 hours ago, Navalus Magnus said:

Is it possible now to get to know the exact week, when this beauty will be released? 

Well they said May, so that could be only two more weeks counting this one and next one.  Unless they meant May 2021?

On 5/18/2020 at 10:44 PM, Bartas11 said:

Very good looking! Is she deeper in the water, seems like the gunports are very close to the waterline? Hope Update is near now!

Original Victory was low in the water

42KOL1F.png

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Swedish Berserker said:

Very very good that means she is not as Leakable as the current one good job guys can't wait to sail it 

That doesn't mean in game she can be leaked out, it's just a desc.   Though if they can get the new model to sit lower I don't see why they can't fix the old one to sit lower too.

• Like 1

Красиво конечно, но игровые механики важнее. Это "продажный" скрин, хотелось бы, чтобы вы предпринимали действия для удержания игроков, чтобы онлайн рос, а не падал.

On a related note, I remember reading a great book on the Dutch-English war of 1666, and particularly on the 4-days battle. At the time, the English tended to maximize fire power (they also produced superior quality cannons) and at times would load their own and also the lighter captured Dutch ships with heavier cannons than ship is designed for, making them sit quite low. This would also result in reduced weight of other supplies ship can take, thus resulting in the English ships being able to spend less time at sea as compared to the Dutch. The Dutch always missed high-quality (heavy) cannons and therefore relied more on the mobility and made boarding a more prominent part of their naval tactics. 

Maybe in a long term (or in NA 2.0) such aspects can be better reflected, so the player have to face a more complex task of the choosing weight of cannons, ammunition, reps etc. I might be wrong, but i thought cannon weight was more significant back in the early beta days. I remember putting lighter guns on some frigates to gain that little extra speed, but that was back in the days of the old damage model. 

Edited by Stilgar

17 hours ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

T4tNICY.png

Very nice,  

Mr. Admin,  spanish architecture please. Santes Creus.

WLM14ES_-_Reial_Monestir_de_Santes_Creus,_Aiguam%C3%BArcia,_Alt_Camp_-_MARIA_ROSA_FERRE.jpg

@admin When will an architecture be developed for the first European nation in the Caribbean? 

The houses with cracks and 5 monasteries are no longer fun.

• Like 1

Hi!

Maybe create mist clouds as after gun shots (as idea)?

It will be tight and there you can hide a small ship. This will provide many tactical opportunities and greatly diversify the game with a few modifications.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, admin said:

Britain research
VidlEIy.png

i got to be honest, the garderners in that british town is doing a shit job 😜 and it looks like the buildings are dug into the ground, the models looks nice though! :) Btw considered maybe smaller buildings for not so large ports etc? increase/decrease by wealth of the port.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, admin said:

Иже херувимы

qlevquU.png

Looks good, but gives impression of as unfinished quick work, just to put some Russian building in game.
Especially when here we have XVIII cent. architecture combined with Old Rus XII cent. church of Intercession of Holy Virgin on Nerl River (or other typical church of that time).
Better build there a wooden church modelled after Fort Ross, for example

Also no ordinary houses.