Game-Labs Forum
slik

Work in progress

2 hours ago, maturin said:

Says the guy who always makes passive aggressive whiny posts about other assets instead of reacting to the WiP actually being posted.

On 10/8/2018 at 6:55 PM, Intrepido said:

Absolutely outstanding work.

Shut up dude.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 11:11 AM, admin said:

Historical stern of Christian

VFddfVY.jpg
LaLiVXy.jpg

Oh wow, that's amazing. I'm so looking forward to seeing that ship ingame. 

• Like 1

nice ship… will it eventually be available for crafting in game?

and... those pood/ half pood guns... I want to build them

Edited by LIONOFWALES

On 11/1/2018 at 5:52 AM, LIONOFWALES said:

nice ship… will it eventually be available for crafting in game?

and... those pood/ half pood guns... I want to build them

Perhaps. But not soon.

Boarding screen work in progress.  (note that you will no longer see enemy commands). Commands given at the last second will also consume a lot more preparation.

pUKVMp7.jpg

• Like 25

Just now, admin said:

Boarding screen update  (note that you will no longer see enemy commands). Commands given at the last second will also consume a lot more preparation.

pUKVMp7.jpg

WOAH! now this is cool!

Just now, admin said:

Work in progress screen for battle UI update

hDUzsqc.png

AHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I love it already.

What's up with all the boxes above repair though? Is that a bug or am I missing something?

Really I'm astonished with how good this looks. Very stylish.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, admin said:

hDUzsqc.png

The colours used should be the same as the OW UI (it doesnt matter if they have a filter of transparency) and the boarding minigame showed before.

Also some icons, specially cannons, are not very convincing.

Overally it still looks like a microsoft phone UI, so cold, grey-blueish and technical. 

Very conservative keeping the same map style, compass and ship status. The style of those windows do not match with the style of the new UI.

• Like 3

Not so sure about the battle UI. The upper part looks good (the dmg counter looks a bit strange tho - maybe it's the space between the icons. The bottom part I am not a fan. Looks really confusing and loaded with solid pictographs. In my opinion it takes to much attention away from the actual beautiful ship. Bbbbbuuuuutttt the boarding ui looks so amazing + even the upcoming hidden command changes are really really great. Such a nice Xmas gift.

Edit: I know it might be much to be asked for but could any nation get it's own pictographs of marines and sailors?

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, admin said:

hDUzsqc.png

maybe add pump for water bailing and bucket/fire icon just not to misunderstand that the survival is not only for leaks :) else, cant wait!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, admin said:

Boarding screen work in progress.  (note that you will no longer see enemy commands). Commands given at the last second will also consume a lot more preparation.

pUKVMp7.jpg

can i use the old one.... if this is implemented?

you see , i like the one we have ....right now. don't need another ui interface for boarding

10 minutes ago, Thonys said:

can i use the old one.... if this is implemented?

you see , i like the one we have ....right now. don't need another ui interface for boarding

I know ! I miss Pig Cloud but one has to move with the times. You'll get used to it. 🙂

Edited by LeBoiteux

52 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Not so sure about the battle UI. The upper part looks good (the dmg counter looks a bit strange tho - maybe it's the space between the icons. The bottom part I am not a fan. Looks really confusing and loaded with solid pictographs. In my opinion it takes to much attention away from the actual beautiful ship. Bbbbbuuuuutttt the boarding ui looks so amazing + even the upcoming hidden command changes are really really great. Such a nice Xmas gift.

Edit: I know it might be much to be asked for but could any nation get it's own pictographs of marines and sailors?

Empire Total War had a much more detailed and colourful UI in naval battles and never it drags my attention from where the action was happening.

This UI still feels something unfinished, in between two different styles, and it should keep the bet in armonizing with the rest of the game UI.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Empire Total War had a much more detailed and colourful UI in naval battles and never it drags my attention from where the action was happening.

This UI still feels something unfinished, in between two different styles, and it should keep the bet in armonizing with the rest of the game UI.

Sure an UI can be "more detailed and colourful" without dragging attention away from the game when its intuitive. Maybe I am just not a fan of all the pictographs.

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

Not so sure about the battle UI. The upper part looks good (the dmg counter looks a bit strange tho - maybe it's the space between the icons. The bottom part I am not a fan. Looks really confusing and loaded with solid pictographs

we wanted to remove all text from there (as it interferes with localization). and icons and buttons should be dark and simple to not distract from the battle. we will see how it works in live game as icons are very easy to replace. We will tune them to a good state. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, admin said:

we wanted to remove all text from there (as it interferes with localization). and icons and buttons should be dark and simple to not distract from the battle. we will see how it works in live game as icons are very easy to replace. We will tune them to a good state. 

maybe instead of the rear and front facing cannons a bow view and a stern view. Makes it at least for me more catchy and its not depeninding on cam view.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, admin said:

I dont think so.

When the difference or contrast between 2 objects in the same screen is too much the eye is all the time switching between them. You must take into account that most of the time we fight during the shiny day and too dark buttons or UI wont work well.

The application of the same filter (transparency) and colour to all the UI will decrease the aforementioned issue. In my view it should have the same colour pattern as the OW and port UI windows, which is neither dark or bright.

• Like 1

@admin I really am wondering why are we changing boarding mechanics now? Without the ability to see the other players current choice, and potentially last second click at the tradeoff of prep, you’ve literally stripped what very little skill there was away from the mechanic.

With your proposed change why even bother having a scaled prep cost? If you choose early or late it won’t matter since the other player can’t be induced into making any changes. The only thing this does is make boarding incredibly opaque and a true game of rock, paper, scissors (except against AI which basically will still be dumb and formulaic to kill, it’ll just be even more difficult for newbies to learn the patterns). Furthermore, it places yet even more emphasis on boarding mods. I think this is a big mistake.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Wraith said:

@admin I really am wondering why are we changing boarding mechanics now? Without the ability to see the other players current choice, and potentially last second click at the tradeoff of prep, you’ve literally stripped what very little skill there was away from the mechanic.

With your proposed change why even bother having a scaled prep cost? If you choose early or late it won’t matter since the other player can’t be induced into making any changes. The only thing this does is make boarding incredibly opaque and a true game of rock, paper, scissors (except against AI which basically will still be dumb and formulaic to kill, it’ll just be even more difficult for newbies to learn the patterns). Furthermore, it places yet even more emphasis on boarding mods. I think this is a big mistake.

Unless there is more to it.