Game-Labs Forum

Work in progress

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Was shooting screenshots today. Tried to reach Tortuga through Puerto Rico without the compass and the map and got lost at sea. After 30 mins of wandering by pure accident saw the sail on the horizon followed it and reached St Kitts. Pretty big map guys. You will get lost often.

Was able to take this screen of near San Juan.
Puerto Rico in the evening.

Original post

original.jpeg

• Like 5

My open world coder is sick this weekend and because of that I am stuck at St Kitts - St Vincent line of islands, because when I travel there i can see islands far far away, and see NPC traffic.

No compass and no map is very fun. Whenever i am trying to reach Hispaniola I keep getting lost. Correct sunrise and stars are not connected yet.. feel like Columbus in the Atlantic. 

150 kn is a time compression speed. It takes 30 mins to 1 hour to reach Puerto Rico from Monserratt at this speed 

• Like 4

.........No compass and no map is very fun. Whenever i am trying to reach Hispaniola I keep getting lost. Correct sunrise and stars are not connected yet.. feel like Columbus in the Atlantic. ...

Will there be nauticel toolings? Like Sextant, Map and nautical triangel and so on?  :huh:

If yes............. juhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu  *convetti and ballons*   ^_^

51_1nautical.jpg

• Like 3

Finally at Hispaniola

La Isla Española is the second-largest island in the Caribbean and 22nd largest in the world. It was the first island in the west indies discovered by Christopher Columbus in 1492. Several high mountain ranges cleave the island; you can see them on the screenshots.

Next destination: Isle de la Tortue

screenshots: mountains + bay de neybe

Original

original.jpeg

original.jpeg

Update from the russian-speaking forum:

The most amazing thing is that the real bay looks like the one from the game - despite the fact that the map is generated procedurally.. There is nothing spread by hands.

UeLMQTM.jpg

• Like 1