Game-Labs Forum

(PVP2-US) Political Situation - Edit* No clan size restrictions - need more Diplo Info Please

El Capitano

Still pvp2 barely hit 1000 on its peak and stabilized at 800ish quick and stayed tbat way for weeks.

Oh yeah i realize that and im not disputing it in just thinking he could have been referring to then. We all ( or normal humans) make exaggeration to emphasis a point.

Oh yeah i realize that and im not disputing it in just thinking he could have been referring to then. We all ( or normal humans) make exaggeration to emphasis a point.

Yeah it was more like 1000 at peak, when I started playing the game had come just come out.

The latency to US is about 250 which is manageable; however to EU it varies from 350-650 which is bearable however frustrating to say the least when attempting to board or fire cannon due to the delay.

Yeah it was more like 1000 at peak, when I started playing the game had come just come out.

The latency to US is about 250 which is manageable; however to EU it varies from 350-650 which is bearable however frustrating to say the least when attempting to board or fire cannon due to the delay.

Yeah i play with some guys from South America and they said their ping is much higher to eu server and it will really effect the way they play.

The logical choice is US server because its right in the middle of everyone but Russia.

@capt rice. Still not much more than 200 on because even though we see new faces we lose more than come in. On the bright side everyone tha5 is left are pretty fun and good guys on all teams. Having great pvp , as pirates,every night.

The fights are sorta more personal now it seems too, like everyone you fight you know and they know you so you have fun banter.

Perhaps in the ultimate irony all the people looking for those epic 1v1 or fair gentlemanly fights that either left the game or server would now be finding them.

My small group may swap to US in the merger when it happens unless we can find some pirates interested in pirating.

Personally after the reset I will probably go back to Spain or go someone small like Sweden. The Pirates are simply no longer a fun option given that we must sustain port counts to support our nation-like economy.

If the servers do indeed merge; I think factions like Spain will be much more playable due to increase player base and so on.

Why the dev dont start a new campain on steam to bring more new players.  Make a discount on steam and make them annonc eyour game again, youll probably have a new wave of players coming soon. And if you can do it somewhere else too in the same time, why not?

DEV, why not??  Do something pls. I like PVP 2 server, the people there etc. Don't let your server dies like that please. When I joined the server, the evening has about 800 players onlin, now sicne a few weeks its 250, 295. during the day its worse with 100 online only.

900 players onlin on EU pvp, 295 max on USA pvp :(  I have a way better ping on the US server.

Why the dev dont start a new campain on steam to bring more new players.  Make a discount on steam and make them annonc eyour game again, youll probably have a new wave of players coming soon. And if you can do it somewhere else too in the same time, why not?

DEV, why not??  Do something pls. I like PVP 2 server, the people there etc. Don't let your server dies like that please. When I joined the server, the evening has about 800 players onlin, now sicne a few weeks its 250, 295. during the day its worse with 100 online only.

900 players onlin on EU pvp, 295 max on USA pvp :(  I have a way better ping on the US server.

If only 5% of the buyers are enjoying the game enough to play it there is no reason to think bringing more players would fix the issue.

The issue is bigger than players..

If only 5% of the buyers are enjoying the game enough to play it there is no reason to think bringing more players would fix the issue.

The issue is bigger than players..

Honestly this is such a niche game that 5% is so bad to take as a win and if they can get even 1000 more total customers who stay that would be 2 heathy servers. Its very clear tobme from reading the forumsbover the last few months that most players who quit didnt watch twitch streamers or watch youtube video or read alot about what this game was going to acually be instead of what they thought. I think 5000 total players would be great for this game.

I'm loving the state of things on PvP2 to be honest. Sure there's a few less player controlled ships on our horizons but it makes for a core group that is dedicated and the numbers probably closer to real world history. Beyond the typical port capture stuff there seems to be some good blockade/hunting going on which galvanizes a response - at least from the Brits (can't speak to other factions). I think 200-300 is a good number for the area we're operating in (when you add on AI fleets that's a looot of ships on the water in the Carib) and it also forces a faction like ours to really sally forth to defend the more farther flung ports or risk losing them. There's been a lot of Central American fights going on between Brits-Yanks lately which is a little too far for my typically short playtime but I content myself with protecting our local shipping from pirate and French patrols. I enjoy the hell out of it!

• Like 1

Yeah I really hope our server stays. Not sure what servers will ever merge but this server is very fun now. Much more than it was before and i dont knownif its due to small size or that the people left are just more into the game or maybe we are the dumb ones who knows but its fun.

My group operating does piracy and its so real now. We skim around islands looking for ships large and small to swarm asap and capture or sink. Soooo much fun. I hope admin see we are still loving pvp2 and that in tje future it will be needed anyways fkr new players.

A few of us have been putting the word out constantly to save or server and bring in some more players.

• Like 1

I'm loving the actual ambiance in PVP 2 as well. People are nice and we still get a lot of fun action. But I would like to have 500 more players on it, that would be just a good numbers of players for that server :P

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Please consider at least viewing this forum i created specifically for our PvP 2 players. Some features are: Individual Nation Boards, Animated Territory Map. Recruitment pages inside each nation board, Blog and Vlog Boards for each nation, Bounty Board, Ambassador Board, etc.

I created it in attempts to bolster population on our server. Let me know what you think. TY

http://napvp2.lefora.com/

• Like 1

Please consider at least viewing this forum i created specifically for our PvP 2 players. Some features are: Individual Nation Boards, Animated Territory Map. Recruitment pages inside each nation board, Blog and Vlog Boards for each nation, Bounty Board, Ambassador Board, etc.

I created it in attempts to bolster population on our server. Let me know what you think. TY

http://napvp2.lefora.com/

While I have great respect for the effort you put into your forum, sadly until the game developers have applied the diplomacy side to the game, I fear that all diplomacy we create artificially will fall apart immediately. The two treaties I negotiated (which itself took 6-7 hours to do, getting all the large clans involved and going back and forth with give and takes) lasted maybe five days before they collapsed due to violations by clans and lone wolfs disinterested in what had been agreed upon by the majority. 

Without constant trumpeting of the new status quo (something many of us have no time for - I work 2 jobs and have a rather vibrant social life) treaties are destined to failure - however I would say that in both the treaties I negotiated I attempted to work in clauses to allow for such "mistakes" by members of GB/Pirates/US. Unfortunately the US had no mind for leeway and reason in that regard and so inevitably the agreements collapsed. 

At this point I do not believe there can be anything but war and it is to an extent every nation for themselves. Localized agreements with clans may occur but as far as Nations go.. at this point we're just individuals under the same flag..  :(

Edited by Bjerg Bjergsson
  • Like 1

While I have great respect for the effort you put into your forum, sadly until the game developers have applied the diplomacy side to the game, I fear that all diplomacy we create artificially will fall apart immediately. The two treaties I negotiated (which itself took 6-7 hours to do, getting all the large clans involved and going back and forth with give and takes) lasted maybe five days before they collapsed due to violations by clans and lone wolfs disinterested in what had been agreed upon by the majority. 

Without constant trumpeting of the new status quo (something many of us have no time for - I work 2 jobs and have a rather vibrant social life) treaties are destined to failure - however I would say that in both the treaties I negotiated I attempted to work in clauses to allow for such "mistakes" by members of GB/Pirates/US. Unfortunately the US had no mind for leeway and reason in that regard and so inevitably the agreements collapsed. 

At this point I do not believe there can be anything but war and it is to an extent every nation for themselves. Localized agreements with clans may occur but as far as Nations go.. at this point we're just individuals under the same flag..  :(

I agree there will be war until the diplo is patched in. However, my attempt is just to have a uniform place for ppl to post PB pix, blogs, and vlogs. Thank you for the respect, mate.

We really need to know if our server is safe too. All the talk and rumors of a forced merge keeps this server constantly wounded.

If people wanted to play on pvp1 they dont have a gun to thier heads forcing them to play on pv2 so why should players who like the people on pvp2 and like the play of pvp2 be forced into a server they wont play on ?

This really needs to be addressed by someone. This game will need two servers if population raises but a forced merge bringing only 200 players at best into pvp1 will do nothing to save a server or game but could and will hurt it more.

All this merger crap needs to be adressed.

Edited by Mrdoomed
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This really needs to be addressed by someone. This game will need two servers if population raises but a forced merge bringing only 200 players at best into pvp1 will do nothing to save a server or game but could and will hurt it more.

All this merger crap needs to be adressed.

I've asked point blank on the "Questions to developers" topic, yet have not had a response. As you can see, others get their responses, but since my post, there've been no new questions and no new answers.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/558-questions-to-developers/?p=273169

I've asked point blank on the "Questions to developers" topic, yet have not had a response. As you can see, others get their responses, but since my post, there've been no new questions and no new answers.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/558-questions-to-developers/?p=273169

Seems they cannot decide, or at least are deliberately withholding the information for now.  For this decision, like for anything else in life, if it actually causes you that much pause and indecision then it's a pretty good bet that it's a bad idea and you shouldn't do it.  After all this talk about merging, I still have yet to see a single good reason offered for it.  The clan situation that this thread was started for has certainly changed a lot though.  ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

No merge leave the server as is. Population is growing, we have recruited a lot of new players.

He's right, the pvp2 server is very dynamic right now.  Lots of newbies playing, and in spite of Dutch and France getting crushed again, grrrr...., we have many active players still going at it, and improving player numbers.  (Even in light of recent developments with France, pirates, Dutch, etc, and with our "fun" dialogues in global chat, Loco :) ).

• Like 2