Game-Labs Forum

(PVP2-US) Political Situation - Edit* No clan size restrictions - need more Diplo Info Please

El Capitano

I think you need to update this since the Pirate Nation is clearly split.  Perhaps you separate into three separate pirate 'nations'?

1 Traditional Pirates that are still fighting it out in the Bahamas

2 The Northern Antilles ones that are focused on grinding out rank

3 The Southeastern pirates that are focused on ????

I can't even keep track of which clans represent which faction anymore.

I've heard similar claims as to the state of the US but I have not followed those threads as closely.

1. 5% of the pirate population, a mix of total newbies too lazy or dumb to make the run away from Mort and the rest being die hard PVP players who don't care if they are fighting a losing and pointless fight. No disrespect to any of them, but even if all the pirates were there, the Bahamas are too big and spread out to easily defend, its all shallow (not just the port but the whole area is off limits to deep water ships)..

2. Fairly accurate. Think of it was the area around any other nation's capital.. A place with safe waters to level, craft, trade. Doesn't mean we don't want to PVP on the contrary.. We were about to go out to get it, but it came to us.. now that that's quelled, we'll be on the move again.

3. They are focusing on securing the south, after which they will join forces with us for PVP action on the bigger nations.

I wouldn't call it a split... Group 1 pretty much doesn't exist, most have ports down here with few exceptions. The rest even though it is split physically shares the same long term goals which are simple enough, keep the lands we have here and PVP with the bigger nations inside or outside our territories it's kind of irrelevant.

The reason why no one likes the swedes is because early on, before my time, the swedish had warned the other nations about the pirates coning down south in numbers. They formulated a plan together to fight the pirates.

The swedes then backstabbed the planned resistance and bowed to the pirates. Since I wasnt around I cant confirm but ive heard this from several players from different nations.

• Like 2

The reason why no one likes the swedes is because early on, before my time, the swedish had warned the other nations about the pirates coning down south in numbers. They formulated a plan together to fight the pirates.

The swedes then backstabbed the planned resistance and bowed to the pirates. Since I wasnt around I cant confirm but ive heard this from several players from different nations.

Just to make it clear, there are rumors that the Swedes warned us about the Dutch attack on Aves but as far as I know nobody ever got the word. That Dutch attack totally blindsided us and we were pretty confused about it. It was perfect timing because 2 other clans were in the process of moving all their ships to Aves.. They called the flag 20 min before their arrival. Had it not been for them, the Dutch would have capped Aves that day, we had 5 guys online from our side when it happened.

So the Swedes did not betray anyone, unless they were supposed to show up and didn't, which is what I've been told. Swedes later took the English ports up north (which were, in all honesty, our target rather than the french down south). We were impressed by the Swedes push and they contacted us telling us they weren't going to push on us and we told them we had no intention of pushing on them.

That is the extent of the Swede-Pirate so called alliance. Pretty much a very lose understanding that we don't want to start anything with each other. We are PVPing respectfully on a regular basis, there was no agreement to trade flowers, hugs or kisses.

We did formulate a plan originally to fight the Pirates early on. From our perspective, the nations nearby agreed on a time to attack the Pirates all at once, but the Dutch decided to attack early when we were not ready. We were told that the French weren't ready as well and pretty much any hope of surprising the pirates ended right then and there.

Edit: I must clarify, This was before I ever started talking to the nearby nations as well, so if someone has a more clear view, please enlighten me.

Edited by Teutonic

After a meeting, We have changed our Diplomatic views on other nations and this will be the Swedish viewpoint for sometime to come. After the crazy weekend bash when the brits came into fight the Pirates and the hectic changes we decided to come to an agreement within the nation.

Sweden:

Spain: Neutral
British: War
Dutch: Neutral
US: Neutral
French: Hostile
Danmark-Norge: War
Pirates: Non-Invasion Pact

May the content be sweet and glorious.

After a meeting, We have changed our Diplomatic views on other nations and this will be the Swedish viewpoint for sometime to come. After the crazy weekend bash when the brits came into fight the Pirates and the hectic changes we decided to come to an agreement within the nation.

Sweden:

Spain: NeutralBritish: WarDutch: NeutralUS: NeutralFrench: Hostile

Danmark-Norge: WarPirates: Non-Invasion Pact

May the content be sweet and glorious.

Your at war with Britain, Hostile to France and non-invasion with Pirates? Evidence would be to the contrary. Your fleet was sited far to the SouthEast working with the Pirates there. Hardly a non-aggression pact. That's an alliance. The British own Haiti and your not attacking anything there that I have noticed. Though to be fair you may just be doing sea patrols so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it's just trendy to say your at war with Britain? Hostile to France? Why would this be? The French have never threatened a single Swedish port or even talked of it. You recently posted you started out working with France to create an anti-pirate coalition. I'm sorry sir, but action speak loudest. You never actually helped anyone in an anti-pirate coalition that can be proven. You have entered into alliances with Pirates whom you previously told others you were against. And you have no logical reason to be hostile to France if not doing so to support pirate allies. I find the Swedes most confusing. Edited by Bach

It is possible the Swedes are now bored and know the French will fight so they just showed up for a little action.

Might as well make a party of it and invite everyone to come down to the South East part of the map. We will make signs, "French will fight for food"

• Like 2

Your at war with Britain, Hostile to France and non-invasion with Pirates? Evidence would be to the contrary. Your fleet was sited far to the SouthEast working with the Pirates there. Hardly a non-aggression pact. That's an alliance. The British own Haiti and your not attacking anything there that I have noticed. Though to be fair you may just be doing sea patrols so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it's just trendy to say your at war with Britain? Hostile to France? Why would this be? The French have never threatened a single Swedish port or even talked of it. You recently posted you started out working with France to create an anti-pirate coalition. I'm sorry sir, but action speak loudest. You never actually helped anyone in an anti-pirate coalition that can be proven. You have entered into alliances with Pirates whom you previously told others you were against. And you have no logical reason to be hostile to France if not doing so to support pirate allies. I find the Swedes most confusing.

I'll clarify what I said when I talked about starting a coalition to fight the Pirates.

1. This was before I ever became part of diplomacy for the Swedes, since then the people who tried creating it have gone afk or are not invested/interested in the game at this moment.

2. I thought I made it clear that before the Pirates ever amassed into a large force we did have intentions of helping the nations near us to get rid of them, when it was clear that those talks were breaking down, we decided it was in Sweden's own interest to make sure our borders were secure. Henceforth a Non-invasion pact with the Pirates.

3. The dutch made a clan that literally was "Fuck Sweden" and the French then said we betrayed them. Honestly, I wasn't part of these talks, but I don't take kindly to threats like this and I suppose the relations have been turned sour since then.

A week later, the British (Mainly SOB) were sighted in Danish territory and only after asked why, did they start talking to us and the Danes about their intentions of taking ports from us to fight the Pirates. At this point is where I started joining the conversation between nations. The Swedes told SoB to screw off, and Roberts reply was that they were going to take every Swedish port we owned after they dealt with the Pirates. That threat made it clear we needed a friend that wasn't going to dissolve at first sight of a big enemy. We created a temporary truce with the Pirates, to rid the threat from our waters and as you can see the Brits are back home.

To us, it's not trendy to say we are at war with the British and hostile with the French, it's the direction we chose to make. Actions DO speak louder than words, and all I can say is that I was not part of the coalition making, therefore I can't give you a clear comment of what happened then. Only what happened when the British came in and after.

I had a fleet go south yesterday in the intentions to PvP against the Pirates, after a few minutes we couldn't find any pirate to fight. So my next line of thinking is to continue south to the French capital to see if we could fight a french force. Nothing there, and a couple pirates notified us that the action was further south towards Perdenales. So we went south and fought some French.

I would not lie and say we aren't friendly with the Pirate groups south of us, we are relatively friendly with a few. After all, they have been the only one to honor a pact we've made, as opposed to other nations who have either threatened us, or accused us of backstabbing. To say we are fully allied though is not the truth, we constantly fight them throughout the day in OW PvP around Plymouth and the Pirates have made it clear to me they don't want anything of an alliance.

On to why we haven't attacked a British port or fought them. We actually have come into conflict with a few clans north of Haiti and South of Haiti. We probably take a trip West every 3 days and see who's out there to fight. I have personally been in 3 fights west in the past week or so.

1. Went with a scouting force and got into contact with Roberts in a 3rd rate of his. We ended up capturing it and giving it to our highest ranked player at the time. (before the British took Frederikstad)

2. Went with a small force to the north side of Haiti and fought the MT6 (Meme Team 6) clan. outnumbered, we were handily defeated. Props to them, as I actually like their leader a lot.

3. Went with a force of 10 players along the southern coastline and found a number of British players in the HOSP clan, we immediately engaged and had a really fun fight and won.

I suppose it's more accurate to say that any British player we see will immediately be engaged regardless of the outcome. Sweden isn't one of the 3 big nations, It's not like I can call out in nation chat "port battle" and get 25 dudes, It needs a longer planning process. So our effective fighting ability comes with the OW battles.

It is possible the Swedes are now bored and know the French will fight so they just showed up for a little action.

Might as well make a party of it and invite everyone to come down to the South East part of the map. We will make signs, "French will fight for food"

Essentially, this is the truth. We are looking where we can have the most fun WITHOUT being utterly destroyed in a blink of an eye. Seriously, if the original equation of keeping the pirates out of the south had stuck and relations stayed positive, this would be an entirely different story.

I'll clarify what I said when I talked about starting a coalition to fight the Pirates.

War with Britain: sea patrols around Haiti are as good as can be expected from us smaller nations. I am convinced you are at war with Britain.

Pirate Alliance: Your story can not be disproved by me. However it cannot be proven by me either untill I see evidence you fight the pirates. We are nations of similar size. We chose to fight them while Sweden chose another path. We'll leave it at that.

Hostile to France: A total waste of your time and efforts but we will fight you if it's what you want. France did not see itself as hostile to Sweden though your relation with the pirates was questionable for obvious reasons.

Edited by Bach

Here is the verbal talk of the ISSB/SOL/SOB agreement done on Roberts behalf:

Here is the document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hH3mCLsNIhc0Z7CY_1B7aD8jlV6DXbiEZ1Yn30OL7LY/edit?usp=sharing

Hopefully this clears up any misconceptions GB has when people claim someone said something or didn't say something

Certainly this agreement only pertains to, and binds, only clans.  Privateers just do what we do.  So if we need to move further south, we do.  Depends on where the pickings are best or whatever suits us at the moment.