Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.63 - Iron crisis

admin

That's great that iron production is 2x more. I feel that the problem is however the overall stock is now just going to be twice as much in the holds of the players who only goal is gold count. It doesn't effect the whole buy it at 40 and sell it for 100+. I'm all for profit and stuff but just throwing more resources at an issue doesn't solve the excessive cost. good work on addressing the issue quickly and adjusting resources requires to make things, it may help. Keep it up guys and thank you for producing the game.

Great update. 

But really Iron? Just after I picked up 1000 units? haha I believe I am going to take a loss on that now 

I'm in the same boat but I've been paying close to the base store price, so I don't think that I will see a loss.  I am however starting to pull my orders and pack up my operations.  Going forward it will be more profitable for me to just do missions.

hi,

battle join but group only???????

funkiller patch--------------------------------

what u think, i dont play 24/7, play different times daily.   stay at battle til find some1 to build a group???? u kill all fun of this game. 

let allowed all playes join a battle or mission, alone or group-----------------------------------

I strongly belive small battle exp is still way too low.

Before patch I could make 720exp in 30min cap battle with 3rd rate. Thats low risk and high reward. If I understand correctly I can now get over 1000.

I have just finished small battle with my main ship. Over 30 min, it came down to last few remaining ships, but we managed to not sink and win.
High risk of lossing 1 dura for just 320exp
Here is picture of recap
za0VaKu.png

BdFrmyd.png

I belive exp should be at least 1.5x for small battles, or better decrease exp rates at other methods.

Greetings

What's new:

• Missions can only be joined by your group members and enemies of your nation. We will continue to update Rules of engagements

This is just an invite to people to gank mission runners, since even infront of your capital your own nation can't help you anymore.

• Like 4

Iron crisis fixes:

• Iron ore now produces 2x more ingots (100% increase) - to not affect the prices of other items ore prices increased - price per ingot will stay the same.
  • Iron ore production increased 2x
  • Carriage blueprints now produce more carriages
    • Large - 2x increase
    • Medium - 3x increase
    • Small - 4x increase

These changes will dramatically reduce the iron/oak logs requirements in production of ships and other manufacturing goods.

this is good change, but now oak and fir are going to be even more of a problem, since they had much lower production in ports and so they are MUCH easier to buy out entire port production through contracts. 

1) increase fir and oak production a little (just to bring it a bit more in line with the increase in iron ore in this patch)

2) SERIOUSLY limit maximum ammount for contracts. With most resources being produced barely in hundreds in ports (with exception of coal and iron) it is extremely easy to hoard them. When port has 200 oak log production per day and player can place contract for 3000 units, guess how long no one else is buying any oak in that port? (unless they beat his contract price, but that just means someone else is hoarding the whole production for next X realtime days). 

3) maybe limit contracts only to outposts? really, player can't leave absolutely anything in port where he doesn't have outpost (you have to sell stuff or place outpost, otherwise it is destroyed when you leave port), but he can have metric frackton of resources in volume of thousands there stacked from contracts ready for claiming? that doesn't make much sense

Edited by gozer
  • Like 5

This is just an invite to people to gank mission runners, since even infront of your capital your own nation can't help you anymore.

I have a similar concern.   This will be something that we'll need to watch closely, and please provide feedback on the forums as to how this change is affecting you.  If it is found to be too disruptive or rife with abuse, it will be changed. :)

• Like 1

I have a similar concern.   This will be something that we'll need to watch closely, and please provide feedback on the forums as to how this change is affecting you.  If it is found to be too disruptive or rife with abuse, it will be changed. :)

Unless you are running missions in the region of enemy primary ports I don't see how this is an issue (if you are then it's your own fault).

If they come looking for you at your own main ports, hey guess what it's a PvP game. Maybe it will encourage the faction to actually engage hostiles in their territory instead of letting them roam around ganking whoever they please while they are too pre-occupied grinding their sweet mission XP to care.

Anything that forces people out of the "run away unless I have a major tactical advantage large enough to put Napoleon to shame" mindset is a good thing. Having to on occasion defend their (and their compatriots) way of getting easy XP but actually being aggressive might be exactly what it takes. Less of the sitting behind AI defense fleets for protection and more doing it yourself.

• Like 2

Great update. 

But really Iron? Just after I picked up 1000 units? haha I believe I am going to take a loss on that now 

Yeah. I think they hate me, they announce a change to nation changing after I reroll and take the full exp loss, and then they do this to iron after I find 300 units on the cheap, haha. Oh well it's a good thing in the end 

Unless you are running missions in the region of enemy primary ports I don't see how this is an issue (if you are then it's your own fault).

If they come looking for you at your own main ports, hey guess what it's a PvP game. Maybe it will encourage the faction to actually engage hostiles in their territory instead of letting them roam around ganking whoever they please while they are too pre-occupied grinding their sweet mission XP to care.

Anything that forces people out of the "run away unless I have a major tactical advantage large enough to put Napoleon to shame" mindset is a good thing. Having to on occasion defend their (and their compatriots) way of getting easy XP but actually being aggressive might be exactly what it takes. Less of the sitting behind AI defense fleets for protection and more doing it yourself.

I share the same concern.  This was just happening last night.  A few pirates were raiding around British ports in Jamaica jumping in player missions.  Eventually word got out and a bunch of British ships were enroute to deal with them although I had to head to bed so I'm not sure if they were ever caught or not.  I'm concerned about the possibility of pirates being able to jump into missions and gank easy players but at the same time if it's done near British ports then other players could be notified and come to their aid and PVP them in OW.  I'm just worried that the advantage to hit and run will go to the pirates.  No other nation will have this advantage because as a Brit I can't jump into any enemies missions. 

Are you joking ? you dev are actually calling 25% more assist xp for group xp ?

Still no point grouping up to do order. That was a HUGH disappointment.

it was 25% of BR before 

now its 50% of BR - +25% or 2x increase

kill XP was 25% of BR before

now it is 80% - +55% or almost 3x increase.

what are you talking about?

• Like 2

I'm just worried that the advantage to hit and run will go to the pirates.  No other nation will have this advantage because as a Brit I can't jump into any enemies missions. 

Yes you can, you just temporarily join the opposing side. I think the real concern is enemies joining your mission, with the enemy AI, but no-one from your own faction can then join you to help. Once the enemy player has beaten or chased you off, he then has a nice window of escape. 30 seconds of invisibility and they can almost be out of sight should anyone be waiting outside to catch them. It should be all players can enter missions, or no players. Not just enemy.

• Like 1

The lack of resources is because you have handful of greedy players who are hoarding the items to make profits which is doing nothing for the nation as a whole. If you want expanded nations with expanded trade routes. They need to rework the amount of resources a player can essentially post for a specific price. Maybe limit the % amount that someone can mark up a certain item or those of you who are snuffing everyone else by stacking 10,000+ of a resource into your own personal contracts need to realize that being a millionaire is not what this game is all about. It's about working with your nation to control sections of a map and provide reasonably priced ships. With the current prices and limitations ship builders are on pace for making navy brigs for like 250k just to break even. I like the idea of limiting contracts to ports with outposts and limiting the size and amount of contracts. All in all the resource problem is not because of production issues. It's player greed issues, there should be plenty of iron coal hemp and fir and whatever else is needed being produced. The all mighty dollar is killing trade not production.

Possible solutions already have been expressed.

Limitation of where contracts can be placed.

Amount of total resources placed into those contracts.

Limitation on % mark up of a resource.

Possibly implement a "tax" on players utilizing an outpost with more than 3000-5000 of a specific resource at that port.