Game-Labs Forum

Prater's Newspapers (PVP1 - US faction)

Prater

2pgfbW4l.png
(RP Federalist Paper from Hudson, NY based on the real life The Balance and Columbian Repository)

Current Issue

Wednesday, February 24, ---6

NoE4vfa.png
HMbPyMK.png

Past Issues

Thursday, February 11, ---6

wH3dJXg.png

AMAeyGs.png

Tuesday February 2, ---6

qfoiOGo.png

k0uin8w.png

Wednesday, January 27, ---6

CPIfR3A.png

WVXDMG1.png

Tuesday, January 7, ---6

DaF1xXw.png

Note: (anything appearing in the newspaper is roleplay only and not necessarily my personal views)
Note: Concerning the date, I chose current date - 210 years. Other people have their own dates.

Historical:

If you can find any Republican or Jeffersonian newspapers from the time period, let me know.

The Nonpareil; Or, Harmless Feast of Wit: Being an Entertainment of Rational Mirth

• Like 21

Current issue is up. War profiteering killing US economy and shipbuilding.  French-American ceasefire breaks down. French lose possession of Louisiana. US and Spanish forces continue to skirmish off the keys.  US captures two ports on Cuba.  Several naval officers are relieved of their commands and demoted to midshipmen and reassigned to cutters. Washington essentially shuts down due to flooding.  Pirates raid the US coast.  SLMFr officer caught attempting to hire pirates to attack the US.  US is expanding into New Spain.  Dutch achieve an impossible victory against a combined and multi-pronged assault.  Dutch overwhelmed by staggering enemy numbers and lose territory.  (out of roleplay:  I don't know if the Dutch accounts are true as I haven't talked to anyone who was present.  But this is what I have heard from US ambassadors who were in contact with the Dutch.  The accounts may be slightly exaggerated).

• Like 3

My men found a whole stack of these newspapers on a trade ship we were 'inspecting' for the men it was very good for morale. Not many of them read but they know good toilet paper when they see it.

Seriously though, I feel this sort of thing really adds a great element to the game. Mr prater sir thank you and do not stop publishing.

• Like 3

My men found a whole stack of these newspapers on a trade ship we were 'inspecting' for the men it was very good for morale. Not many of them read but they know good toilet paper when they see it.

Hahaha!  +1 from me.

P.s.

I am open to taking submissions from anyone, however, I may edit them and am the final judge.  These two pages are sometimes hard to fill (hence the advertisements in the latest edition).

• 2 weeks later...