Game-Labs Forum

InfiniteAmount

Good writeup, I really like how taking San marco is considered treacherous. While the US taking Pensacola, in the middle of french Lousiana ports before that is of course rightful.

Talking about perception, good propaganda stuff tho :-)

That's the yellow journalism for you...

But very good job indeed.

"Lapdogs of the British Royal Navy"  Im sure I've read somewhere on this forum that the US desire friends in the region... can I give you a small pointer in diplomacy, dont insult the very people you wish to build friendship with! ;)

Charles, my good sir, you know how ready the journalist is with his pen. Certainly the informed reader will be aware that the historic enmity Great Britain and France would, owing to the demands of national pride, prevent either from taking a subordinate position to the other.  :D

"Lapdogs of the British Royal Navy"  Im sure I've read somewhere on this forum that the US desire friends in the region... can I give you a small pointer in diplomacy, dont insult the very people you wish to build friendship with! ;)

Who confuses journalists or recruitment posters with diplomats?

To be sure everybody got the real history : 

1/ We try to speak with US
2/ We had a 48 hours peace treaty which was respected from both side
3/ During the 48h, to resum the discussion it was something like : Haha, we want all Louisiana, we will come with 400 players and destroy you. So not really peaceful talks, isn't it ?...

4/ The port of San Marcos was Spanish and not US at all. (and it's the same for all the west of Florida).

P.S : it's not a winning post at all. Just don't believe everything write on paper. Unfortunatly, the "fact-checking" was not created yet in 17-18th.

Humm. I'd like to write a editorial if I may. Could an interview be arranged as well?

you do understand that his articles are just for fun, right.  Nobody should take them as the honest truth.  It's just a bit of roleplay newspaper article, written from a biased point of view.  It's referred to a yellow journalism and fitting with the timeframe of the game.

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1866-1898/yellow-journalism

• Like 1