Game-Labs Forum

Teleportation - No Teleportation When In Town

Interesting thought... Can only teleport while on the open seas. Perhaps with a minimum timer, maybe 30 seconds longer than invulnerable period.

Certainly would add meaning to the words Port Blockade. But would also mean... True port Blockade.

Pro and a con.

I'm going to try to gather up some suggestions here and repost this message on the Suggestion sub-forum.

1. No teleportation when already in town. If port is besiege and captured, you will loose durability from ship, but you will be able to start back in capitol port.

2. Use of teleportation will cost durability. When having 1 durability left, you have a choice to teleport, but loose ship and cargo.

3. You will be able to teleport on open seas with cargo, but as pointed out by No.2, you will loose durability.

4. Teleport is a no mans scenario, not a vanity to be used at will.

5. If get lost at sea, implement feature to recall nearest port and show on compass which direction to sail, because we don't have a sextant.

Teleportation should only be used for actually getting stuck from a game bug. Otherwise, if you get lost, it's your own fault. Try to get "un-lost".

If teleportation is to aid stuck players then teleport to nearest nation city / free port whichever is closest.

Or Neutral port.

I love teleporting. I want more of it, like we used to have. I takes away so much boredom. TP is a quality-of-life feature, I like quality-of-life.

Can't you guys go mistreat yourselves on the PVE server?

Then who's going to be on the open seas if everyone's teleporting everywhere?

As I pointed out, keep teleportation, but put more restrictions on it, because some players is abusing it to their benefit.

We want them to think about their choices and as I said, teleportation must be only used for utter emergency, like getting lost, and thats it.

• Like 1

I love teleporting. I want more of it, like we used to have. I takes away so much boredom. TP is a quality-of-life feature, I like quality-of-life.

Can't you guys go mistreat yourselves on the PVE server?

Nah, simply thinking about having trader routes actually populated instead of the usual AI which have no effect whatsoever in the economy.

TP surely skips the time spent of having to sail but also eliminates any good chance of a enemy ship intercepting the trader and its cargo.

Indeed a 50/50 situation.

• Like 1

I'm in two minds over the teleports... don't get me wrong I really like having them, they're useful for saving time. The problem I have with them though is they sort of centralise the market around the capital. Because we all have teleports to the capital it only really makes sense to do your selling there as everyone can get there quickly. I'd like to move my base somewhere else but fear that if I do so I'll get no sales.

Edited by Cmdr Thrudd
  • Like 2

I'm in two minds over the teleports... don't get me wrong I really like having them, they're useful for saving time. The problem I have with them though is they sort of centralise the market around the capital. Because we all have teleports to the capital it only really makes sense to do your selling there as everyone can get there quickly. I'd like to move my base somewhere else but fear that if I do so I'll get no sales.

In those times, most trade would have gone through the capitol. It is pretty normal for the capitol in said nation to be the center of trade.

Who want to open a trading post in the middle of nowhere. Trading post where most ships goes through is ideal for trading. If you see plenty of players accessing a specific port, then open shop there and you will see the money flowing in. Capitol ports and Free towns are ideal places to open trading post for buy and selling of goods.

If opening a free town between nations, it will maximize your profits, because now its 2 nations trading in-between, but a person has to be cautious for not being intercepted and robbed.

I'd rather just have it removed completely. 

Hear, hear!

Player traders are as safe from harm as tp or deliveries. Sailing just takes time to do. Taking away tp will only serve to cool down the economy and the crafting race.

Hopefully in the future deliveries will involve actual ships sailing from A to B on the open sea.

Cooling down the economy isn't as bad as it sounds, perhaps. Just look how the fast economy leads to iron and labour hour shortage for example.

• Like 1