Game-Labs Forum

HMS Revenge 1805 (3rd Rate 74)

Immundissime

HMS Revenge (3rd Rate 74)

HMS_Revenge_at_Gosport.jpg?uselang=ru

Large 74 guns 3rd rate with 30x 24p guns instead of usual 18p on upper gun deck was finished in 1805 and participated in Trafalgar Battle in the second column of C.Collingwood. After firing at two third rates HMS Revenge got under fire from 4 other 3rd rates and 1st rate Principe-de-Asturias suffering from heavy casualties and partially dismasted but still able to return fire until being supported by HMS Dreadnought and HMS Thunderer.

It was the only ship built to her draught and is considered to be one of the first ships of Royal Navy painted with the Nelson Checker.

large.jpg

Upd. Btw got few hours looking for more drawings and I start to believe they're not picturing real HMS Revenge of 1805 (even sites and pictures claiming that) except the plan above. Try to count number of ports (and there are also some other details).

Compare picture at the top, this one

296b.jpg

this

nmm_nmmg_bhc3583_624x544.jpg

and finally this

queenstown-harbour-hms-revenge-c1880_q33

Yep, that's right, all of them are HMS Revenge of 1859 as it seems =(

I wonder how many wrong sources of information we got about our vessels in the game...

I even didn't want to start this topic after that but I decided to post it just to warn others - be cautious looking for info and pictures. They can be very misleading.

Edited by Immundissime
  • Like 3

some ships got ugly after the end of our game timeline by adding these boards to mimik a clipper bow. the plans posted should be the old one before the refit.

Those ugly bows, yeah. As soon as I see them, I'm like "Nope, not for me". :lol