Game-Labs Forum

Jew Jokes

I laughed.

It all comes down to perspective, I have a very German name and work in a county jail in rural U.S. I'm sure you can imagine some of the things I get called, and some of the jokes I hear and a specific salute I see on a regular basis.

I can choose to let it bother me or see it for what it is, a verbal provocation meant to illicit a specific response. I choose the latter simply due to it not being worth the stress.

Only you can choose to let things get to you.

It all comes down to perspective, I have a very German name and work in a county jail in rural U.S. I'm sure you can imagine some of the things I get called, and some of the jokes I hear and a specific salute I see on a regular basis.

I can choose to let it bother me or see it for what it is, a verbal provocation meant to illicit a specific response. I choose the latter simply due to it not being worth the stress.

Only you can choose to let things get to you.

Turning a blind eye to such blatant hate speech is as good as endorsing it. This is not a jail, it is an international online community. What is acceptable to you in your rural county lockup is not representative of what the makers of this community intended. 

I laughed.

Good for you. Finding humor in a peoples persecution speaks volumes of the individual, thanks for enlightening us. How does this further the conversation?

• Like 2

Sure, you also have the right to get over things that happened 70 years ago, I'm guessing WELL before you were born. Jews don't have a monopoly on misery, suffering, or genocide. I'd say Palestine being the new Warsaw is almost on par.

Nor do I claim to have such a monopoly. I claim your brand of acceptable humor shouldn't be allowed or endorsed on the open world chat, and the rules back my position. 

Someone made a harmless joke, they didn't advocate genocide, stop overreacting

I would think racial bigotry far from harmless or desired in nation chat. 

By taking some kind of misplaced moral high road and trying to squash dissent on what YOU personally think is offensive, you are claiming said monopoly. Get off your high horse and let people be. I'm sorry your panties got in a bunch but that's simply life.

Its a simple matter of rules, and none of them support your position.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/2346-forum-and-sea-trials-rules/

It's clear more than a few folks need to read them, it is against the rules, and a perfect example of the sort of toxic behaviour, this and other online comminutes can do without. Would it be funny to start making fun of the school children shot in America or those that died on 9-11, acts just as reprehensible and I am sure a little closer to home for many trying to make light of this thread.

Edited by Hexcaliber
  • Like 1

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/2346-forum-and-sea-trials-rules/

It's clear more than a few folks need to read them, it is against the rules, and a perfect example of the sort of toxic behaviour, this and other online comminutes can do without.

Creating a virtual hugbox because some people lack any kind of thick skin for dealing with others certainly won't fix any kind of underlying issues of people who are professional victims.

• Like 2