Game-Labs Forum

Review by Worth a Buy

mirror452

He really has a lot of hate for the teleport on a 3 hour cooldown! I also like how he keeps harping on the lack of realism, but holds Sid Meir's Pirates! up as the pinnacle of the genre. If you want realism, why not complain about being able to see the enemy's health in battle? Or how many guns he has ready to fire each side? He complained about crew respawning at port, too; a mechanic that is a place holder until they rework crew and officer mechanics. It just seemed like he really cherry picked with his complaints. I also disagree with the hate towards the small and large battles.

All said, I hated his review, but I would also agree with his conclusion that the game isn't worth a buy at its current price point and feature list. That isn't to say that I hate the game, or that I don't have fun playing it, just that the current value of the game isn't worth $40. 

• Like 1

Ya, when he was harping on realism and then holding up Sid Meyer's Pirates and Windward, and then mentioned the price again (I've seen indie EA games out there for $49.00 and $69.00) I finally just closed it and disliked it.  He played for a few hours and has no idea what he is talking about.  His review isn't worth the time spent listening to it.

I tired watching that review, but I just couldn't. The low quality mic, the informationless screamy approach, the bicycle bell gimmick and the pictures for cheap laughs. I have a higher standard for reviews.

On the other hand, what did he actually say?

Also, what is that accent?

On the other hand, what did he actually say?

That the game is not worth the money because teleport and instant battles. He picked on these two things in comments later, too.

Two things that has as much to do with daily gameplay as the options window had with Sea Trials. It's like saying newest Call of Duty is bad, because it has zombies mode.

Not to mention the few days after review I spent clearing misconceptions on steam forums.