Game-Labs Forum

Being team-killed

NiMiTz

This is the original discussion

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/9535-this-game-has-the-worst-community-i-have-ever-seen/

So I am just sailing with my friend karter, having a good time in naval action.

We hop into battle and see some ships we want to capture. 

I decide to capture a snow, but then decide not to after this Cerberus tells me not to. Anyways he orders me to use chain and I do so. Its all working out fine....until I accidentally ram the snow and tip him over. Recognizing, this mistake, I repeatedly profusely apologize.

Guess what happens?

He and his buddy actually sink me. Literally they take me from a full health brig to a sunk brig. And their explanation is "dont mess with us".

When I told them I would report them, they laughed at me and said that everyone would laugh at me cause I accidentally tipped over a trader (apparently that bad?).

Read for info on this (youtube video is included or will be as soon as it is uploaded)

Basically I was killed for accidentally tipping over an enemy snow they were after. 

EDIT-A person here makes the point that I deserved to die for preventing them from getting their snow. However, accidentally tipping an enemy snow does not warrant a green-on-green kill. I also did apologize for the whole incident, but my apology fell on deaf ears.

Accidentally tipping a snow is not a crime.

Shooting a person from full health to no health is a crime, (and in this case it is obviously no accident)

Any green on green kills are forbidden

~http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/user/1-admin/

Names

-DarkSilver

-Shoklar

Edited by NiMiTz

Well, I was in this same match and I love how you left half of the actual thing out of the video/story. First of all, they clearly asked you from the beginning of the match not to mess with the snow they were trying to capture, which you agreed to. Then, not 30 seconds later, you started "helping" them by shooting the snow with cannon balls, not chain or grape. Then you flip it. You say it was accidental, but the general feeling of the whole thing is that you intentionally did it. Was it wrong to sink you? Maybe, but why are you even there ruining someone else's capture anyway? You said you were there for the brig. We all agreed it was yours. After that, this was all on you from what I saw.

Well, I was in this same match and I love how you left half of the actual thing out of the video/story. First of all, they clearly asked you from the beginning of the match not to mess with the snow they were trying to capture, which you agreed to. Then, not 30 seconds later, you started "helping" them by shooting the snow with cannon balls, not chain or grape. Then you flip it. You say it was accidental, but the general feeling of the whole thing is that you intentionally did it. Was it wrong to sink you? Maybe, but why are you even there ruining someone else's capture anyway? You said you were there for the brig. We all agreed it was yours. After that, this was all on you from what I saw.

Green on green damage isn't allowed... Period. No excuse.

NOTE(reasons why his reply is wrong)

Then, not 30 seconds later, you started "helping" them by shooting the snow with cannon balls, not chain or grape

-I was firing chain (as seen in the video), not shot as he accuses me of

Maybe, but why are you even there ruining someone else's capture anyway? You said you were there for the brig

-I was not there "for the brig". I was in a brig, I was looking to take the mercury (which was denied from me).

First of all, they clearly asked you from the beginning of the match not to mess with the snow they were trying to capture, which you agreed to.

-Seeing that the mercury was being taken by someone else, Shaklor did in fact tell me to use chain to slow down the snoiw

So, it's okay to grief people, but not okay when they respond in kind? Logic strikes again!

-I did not grief them, but even if I did, I caused no harm to him at all. He lost nothing which he did not already have. However, Shaklor promised me (as seen in the video), they would make my repair bill hurt as much as they could. I do no damage at all to him, and he replies with doing full damage to me. I am not sure what kind of logic you are using or why you are so ferociously defending him.

Also, I did not respond in kind. They fired multiple volleys into me, bringing me from full to no health. I did not fire a single shot at them, or even warning shots while this entire event occurred. 

Let me point out

1)Yes I did agree to allow them to have the snow in exchange for a mercury. However someone else did take the mercury.

2)When I hit it with shot, they told me to stop and so I agreed. If you look at the video, I am clearly firing chain, like they told me to.

3)What do I have to benefit from flipping the snow? That makes no sense

4)I apologized to them whenever I made a mistake, their response was to shoot me and laugh about it. Also "deviant" it says you have 2 posts. Since I did in fact PM both DarkSilver and Shaklor, it is highly likely that you are in fact him (simply a possibility). 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Now let me pretend all your points are right (and I am some griefer or whatever)

1)Why would I apologize to them then for every mistake I made?

2)Why would I be firing shot, as shown in the video?

3)What do I have to gain, from intentionally destroying someones target, then wasting the effort to put in a post on the forums with a video.

If you want another perspective on the battle, ask Karter, who was in the same battle in a brig (he was the one going at the mercury). I will ask him to post here his side of the story.

I have every intention of continuing to bring this injustice to the attention of the administrators of naval action.

I was sunk from Green-on-Green fire due to some teamkillers who I have every intention of pursuing until they get what they deserve.

Edited by NiMiTz

Well, anybody there that actually looked at the teams saw me there as Deviant in a Surprise. Look me up in game, I'm currently a Master Commandant and I was definitely there, and also the person who told you the name of the brig after you couldn't figure out which one it was. Also, again, your video only shows parts of the whole deal. But anyway, to your points:

1) You apologizing after doing exactly the thing you were asked not to do makes very little difference. You were asked not to do something, you did it. Sorry doesn't make it better.

2) Sure, you fired some chain, after you blasted the snow with ball, and got warned to stop.

3)How should I know what you get out of ruining people's games? I see people complaining all over the place about people joining their battles and doing just what you did, or stealing there cap.

My problem is people like you that join a game, ruin somebody else's experience, and then get angry when they don't just let it go. Seriously? How self-entitled do you have to be to expect no backlash after you sink the ship they're trying to capture?

Well, anybody there that actually looked at the teams saw me there as Deviant in a Surprise. Look me up in game, I'm currently a Master Commandant and I was definitely there, and also the person who told you the name of the brig after you couldn't figure out which one it was. Also, again, your video only shows parts of the whole deal. But anyway, to your points:

1) You apologizing after doing exactly the thing you were asked not to do makes very little difference. You were asked not to do something, you did it. Sorry doesn't make it better.

2) Sure, you fired some chain, after you blasted the snow with ball, and got warned to stop.

3)How should I know what you get out of ruining people's games? I see people complaining all over the place about people joining their battles and doing just what you did, or stealing there cap.

My problem is people like you that join a game, ruin somebody else's experience, and then get angry when they don't just let it go. Seriously? How self-entitled do you have to be to expect no backlash after you sink the ship they're trying to capture?

You seem to have problems understanding how rules works...

Nimitz broke no rule. Your friends did.

There literally thousands of npc sailing around. you failed to cap one? No problem, you go cap another. You don't want other players to come in your battles? You leave populated areas. You don't "own" a npc because you tagged it, or because you have a bigger ship. It is a gentlemen agreement to leave a ship to someone, and to be honest, your friends, obviously, aren't gentlemen.

• Like 5

You seem to have problems understanding how rules works...

Nimitz broke no rule. Your friends did.

There literally thousands of npc sailing around. you failed to cap one? No problem, you go cap another. You don't want other players to come in your battles? You leave populated areas. You don't "own" a npc because you tagged it, or because you have a bigger ship. It is a gentlemen agreement to leave a ship to someone, and to be honest, your friends, obviously, aren't gentlemen.

Probably your answer is: You got trolled. Its your fault, that you got trolled. Do business, where trolls will not be trolling. 

Sounds legit to me...  :blink:

I think both broke rules. One side broke gameplay rules. One side broke morally rules. Imho both sides sucked hard. 

Firstly i want to point out very strongly that is is only mine opinion, based on the footage that has provided by the accuser! and partially agree with Deviant post.

Well, I was in this same match and I love how you left half of the actual thing out of the video/story.

You said you were there for the brig. We all agreed it was yours. After that, this was all on you from what I saw.

^what i believe, the neutral point of view of the event.

First of all, they clearly asked you from the beginning of the match not to mess with the snow they were trying to capture, which you agreed to.

At this point i personally would leave the battle, there is nothing for me to do here. They don't want/need my help

Then, not 30 seconds later, you started "helping" them by shooting the snow with cannon balls, not chain or grape.

Chainshot was selected the whole time on both broadsides, so Nimitz was shooting chain. except for the stern chasers!

Then you flip it. You say it was accidental, but the general feeling of the whole thing is that you intentionally did it.

We would never know for sure what Nimitz intentions were? but at (0:35) https://youtu.be/cn9rS9_oyf8?t=35s Nimitz typing he would ram the snow, this is where i get my doubts of Nimitz intentions?

it looks like very bad seamanship for sure! And ramming ships, that would be me last resort and even then i find no tactical solution for any problem in naval warfare? IMO!

Was it wrong to sink you? Maybe,

Yes it is wrong to sink, deliberately shoot green on green! The should be the bigger man and let it be.

But why are you even there ruining someone else's capture anyway?

Yes the same question here, Why?

Not only to you, but other players aswel, there is a huge map, the whole caribbean + more as your hunting area.

Why?

Edited by Jacob van Heemskerck

I don't believe Nimitz was there to greif DarkSilver and Shoklar.

But let's say he was.

The correct process that was set up to deal with unwanted behaviour is to create a tribunal topic, not green-on-green damage. The rules do exist, they were put in place in order to avoid meaningless violence spirals and to cut unwanted behaviour of players.

In this case, I judge what I see. I see green on green damage, I vote for warning and in case of repeated breach, reset of xp progress.

If you feel you were griefed, please create another thred implicating Nimitz, at least with a chatlog transcript of the events, ideally with a similiar video.

• Like 2

Probably your answer is: You got trolled. Its your fault, that you got trolled. Do business, where trolls will not be trolling. 

Sounds legit to me...  :blink:

+1

Say, do I know you from the World of Tanks/Warships forum? Your name and avatar seem familiar.

Wait, so I get sunk and now im being blamed from ruining someones game?

I certainly did not intend to grief anyone. For me, ramming is my usual tactic in order to slow an enemy ship down (or to demast them).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me say this. Since deviant is so eager to defend these people, how about this. 

I will accept charges for griefing (even though I didnt intend that) as long as both Shaklor and DarkSilver get punished for teamkilling me. 

I will rely on the video for the admins to see. People's words can lie, but the video doesnt lie. 

So because he has a bigger ship and a bigger attitude means I have to obey him?

Yes, the stern chasers were loaded with ball, which was my bad

Actually you can ask my friend karter (who I will ask to post here). 

We were in a squad, when Karter was sucked into the battle. I had no intention of going into battle, I only joined because Karter asked me to help him. Since he had the mercury locked down(at the time), I instead assisted Shaklor.

Sorry, but you know I hate these fucking kids, lost my dam ship cause they were to busy throwing a fucking fit because you destroyed a enemy! 

If only DarkSilver and Shaklor werent busy teamkilling me......

------------------------------------------------

Let me just point out that at this point there were still 3 other enemy ships they could take. Instead they decided to kill me instead. 

This is my solution. Change their faction to pirates! Everyone wins! They can continue to to kill whoever they want and everyone can kill them whenever we want! 

Green-on-Green is a bannable offense.

Doesnt matter what excuses Deviant uses, they clearly teamkilled me (Videos dont lie).

I suggest and would like to see a XP and progress wipe. As it has clearly been presented that threw their hardwork and effort to get to the ranks they are at they are only using their prizes to take control and threaten anybody who doesn't listen to them. They may of been trying to cap it but if this is their attitude to people who don't listen to them. They aren't going to stop. They are just going to continue killing people unless they get their way. Now, they must of known what they did was extremely wrong or they wouldn't of hunted this topic down on the forums. 

Edited by Karter Essemer
  • Like 1

Did Shoklar actually shoot you?  I didn't see that he did.  So I don't think he should get punishment unless the devs are able to see from the logs that he attacked you.

However, DarkSilver did and he deserves whatever punishment that is typically given to team killers.

Did Shoklar actually shoot you?  I didn't see that he did.  So I don't think he should get punishment unless the devs are able to see from the logs that he attacked you.

However, DarkSilver did and he deserves whatever punishment that is typically given to team killers.

He did, you can see it at 4:50. Although TK`ing is wrong, Nimitz simply had it coming. :)

He did, you can see it at 4:50. Although TK`ing is wrong, Nimitz simply had it coming. :)

Ok, yep, forgot about that one.  However, I don't think Nimitz simply had it coming.  Sure, what he did sucked, but sinking him wasn't the answer.

• Like 4