Game-Labs Forum
Lyric

Battle 50man Limit

82 members have voted

1. 1. Vote / Petition to change the current mechanic

• Cap each nation side at 25 to create multiple, fair battles
    • Keep the current system

Hello!

Wanted to make a post in light of the recent skirmishes the DAS / Dutch nation had with the frenchies, Literally about an hour ago.

Both sides had roughly 35 ships hanging around a port, and it was essentially a giant game of thumb wars. The tagging / engagement mechanic is not great in the sense that each side is basically trying to pack as many ships into that battle as possible in order to gain numbers superiority.  This leads to 40 v 10 or 30 v 20 battles.  Each side, when knowingly outnumbered, instinctively runs. This mechanic greatly discourages the fantastic, big battles that could be had!

I'd ask that each nation is limited to 25 players per battle, so we can have 2-3 even battles side by side instead of hours wasted with 2 nations trying to tempt eachother out the same port at their convenience in order to gain number superiority.

Edited by Monkey Bullet
  • Like 7

or greatly increase time to enter battle and make those who join battle later spawn at the very outside of the ring of death instead of making the 'enter battle' timer 2 minutes and thus ruining every ones chance to play toghether.

Seconded. I was in the battles Monkey mentioned. Potentially awesome battles turned into a bunch of lopsided matches with 10v40 on one battle and 35vs15 in the other, resulting in a lot of escaping, ending in 1vs40 and 35vs1 battles for the unlucky guy not managing to get away. (Sorry Walsh, at least you wnt down gracefully in the end!)

Yes 25 players by nation would be a necessary balance. I'm surprised it isn't already the case.

Edited by Azzak

I second this. But I also think something similar to large battles should be possible. But in that case I propose that ONLY the highest admirals can create such a one and when created a circle is drawn. Inside that cirkle no action can take place between the parts. When inside the cirkle the automatic system creates an EVEN battle with the ships that are in the cirkle. So that such a battle might be 25 vs 25 and it can be 5 vs 15. But EVEN considering BR.

Thus one system where those that can enter will enter but limited (ca 25). And one with matchmaking that can be 50.

Why do you want everything spoon fed? Stop trying to dum the game down and make everything fair and equal. Its an open world pvp game its not meant to be fair its not meant to be some pre arranged joust

Just leave it as it is. If you want equal battles join the events, leave the open world as it is.

• Like 2

Yeah sure.

You have 100 vs 100. Fair game right ?

Battles are going like this :

40 vs 10

10 vs 40

40 vs 10

10 vs 40.

Wow. Gank or being ganked. Fleeing battles. So much fun. +100. You guys would all love that kind of battles.

Don't you understand the issue ? It's not about unfair battles. It's making battles interesting and fun. If you have more men then you can expand more, control more routes and ports... eh it's going to be all more strategic.

• Like 1

I do understand, but there is an in game battle match making system that lays on fair even sided matches. I find that unrealistic meaningless and boring but if you want that type of battle its there.

I would much rather have the uncertain and some what random open world battles if you have to run so what that can be exciting too.

If your ganking on the open world and you think they will flee you need to get wind side of them on the campaign map so they cant flee. Make sure you have a fast ship in your group to snag them.

Life is not fair open world piracy was never fair and I think it should be left that way, otherwise every single open world fight will end up with the same number of ships and get boring fast.

Let me see if I understand correctly - The current system has a 50 ship limitation, and whichever side has more ships join faster gets an automatic number advantage? If yes, then by all means limit the number of ships on either side to a max to enforce an ability to have capped "fair numbers" battles.

If it's just a case of "They brought 80 ships, we brought 25 - we don't want to have to fight 80", then no. Keep the current system. It's "your" fault for not wanting the win hard enough.

The 1st option mansen, both sides had about 30-40 ships and it was a case of who got in faster which is the issue!

• Like 1

completely agree with you.

we have experience a battle 49 v1 what's the point...

When did this change?  I thought both sides were already capped at 25.

Edited by Sea Daddy

i think the game got tested enought that they can augment to 30-30 maybe more they should let us do a try and see how game handle

Well, I think if we want fair-ish battles, the Battle Rating should play a part too. It would be equally disappointing having 25 B-Cutters vs 25 3rd Rates, especially if you had better ships wanting to enter.

NO. Its not making Battles interesting or better. Its shitty themepark, fluffy bunny, WoW Warsong PvP complaining. 

People complaining about numbers in fights. If numbers are equalized by the devs, people start complaining about different shipclasses. 

If shipclasses are equilized by the devs, people will start complaining about the winddirection, or what?

Thats not PvP imho. It may be fair in an arenamatch, but not in an open world pvp engagement. Open world pvp is never fair, everything depends on higher numbers and better technology (thats, why our real world leaders dont fight their wars by themselves). Nine of ten fights are gank or beeing ganked. But the tenth fight is worth to tell your friends about it.

I take the third point: Numbers should only be reglemented by technical issues. Not for creating "equal" fights...

Edit: HAHAHA  :D  :lol:   :blink:

As i said... Who wants to complain about the wind?

Well, I think if we want fair-ish battles, the Battle Rating should play a part too. It would be equally disappointing having 25 B-Cutters vs 25 3rd Rates, especially if you had better ships wanting to enter.

Edited by KanoFu
  • Like 1

completely agree with you.

we have experience a battle 49 v1 what's the point...

I can see a point to it in the broader scheme.

It is like a continuation of where potbs left off :) which I, for the record, loved that game with all my heart.

There are 2 pieces at play: the mechanics and the players. The mechanics can be fine tuned, but cannot eliminate this challenge entirely.

Therfore, it then falls to the players: you know and understand the mechanics. Therefore open sea and group awareness now become paramount. You cannot rely on the fight being "fair". So how can you as players address it?

People : it's not about complaining the unfairness of the game, it's about MAKING THE GAME FUN.

Now the side who joins the battle faster have a numerical advantage. Is it what you call true PVP skills ? Do you really want that kind of gameplay ?

Just put a high enough limit of numbers per faction. Ships don't need to be balanced, the side that has bigger ships should win ofc. But you don't want the OW battles to be a click game where the fastest to enter win.