Game-Labs Forum

Nvidia Timeout Error

pezzotto

If I play a new campaign as Union, towards the end of the first battle (when the third reinforcements arrive), the game crashes with the error: " The NVIDIA OpenGL driver lost connection with the display driver due to exceeding the Windows Time-Out limit and is unable to continue. The application must close."

This error is listed at http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3007/~/opengl-message-%E2%80%9Clost-connection%E2%80%9D

I'm running a laptop with NVIDIA GT 555M 2GB on an Intel I7 with 8GB RAM. I tried lowering the resolution with no effect. I still have shadows and transparency on.

The crash seems to happen always at the same time (right after the third wave of union reinforcements arrive).

Hello!

I'm a new user and i bought this game yesterday, i would like to support this project cause i trust in the people that will build it.

unfortunately I'm having this same problem after 10-15 min of gameplay. Not always same time.

I'm playing vs balanced AI as confederation, i made first phase of the battle winning at oak ridge (with no crash, just freeze), now i'm making the second phases and i have retried it 5-6 times but never end due to this crash.

I have seen that there should be an hotfix for these freezes and crashes, how i know if i have installed it?

version of the game is: 0.8 rev 4469 P

Bye!

I had the problem. The way I solved it is I went into Options, Graphics then I lowered everything down to lowest spec. Then I gradually moved up till I found the best way my computer can support this game. I no longer have crashes.

There are two ways to fix this;

lower your settings.

OR change the tdrdelay.

Essentially, TDR is the timeout detection and recovery, Windows will detect when your graphics chip/card/driver isn't responding correctly, and it will reset the driver(And crash any applications using it in the process.)

Changing the TDR Delay may not fix the issue in every situation, but it does help out. (I had this issue on Battlefield 4 on ultra settings, on which i got a steady 60 fps, changing the delay stopped the crashing.)

Maybe there's something the developer can do to help too, i dunno.