Game-Labs Forum

Emergency hot fix deployed

If you are without reporting it then yes.

But most likely what happened was that someone didn't notice it the first time around, finally saw something wasn't right, asked around, other tried it and successfully reproduced the error, and finally the bug report with full details was submitted AND THEN no one talked about it or used it again.

If that is correct then it was proper bug testing and reporting so the players should be rewarded.

In other games players have found an exploitable bug in alpha/beta but did not report it. When the game went live they then exploited the bug far beyond any sane level (ex. Elder Scrolls Online item duplication bug).  Players have been given severe smackdowns over this.

TL:DR

Find a bug. Replicate it. Report it. Don't Use it.

Exactly right.  There is a huge difference between accidentally finding it, trying it again to establish the steps, and then reporting it, providing the names of the people involved in finding it (then never using it again), and finding it, reporting it, then using it over and over for benefit.  :)

• Like 1

If you are without reporting it then yes.

But most likely what happened was that someone didn't notice it the first time around, finally saw something wasn't right, asked around, other tried it and successfully reproduced the error, and finally the bug report with full details was submitted AND THEN no one talked about it or used it again.

If that is correct then it was proper bug testing and reporting so the players should be rewarded.

In other games players have found an exploitable bug in alpha/beta but did not report it. When the game went live they then exploited the bug far beyond any sane level (ex. Elder Scrolls Online item duplication bug). Players have been given severe smackdowns over this.

TL:DR

Find a bug. Replicate it. Report it. Don't Use it.

I googled the elder scrolls online dupe bug exploit, i really can't understand why people do this!!? Destroying a game's mechanics, for your own benefit, and knowing that it's destroying a game wich they love themselves? So in the long run they wil encounter problems (wich they created) themselves.

So i'm glad that i'm playing Naval action and seeing that the great majority is mature enough to handel these problems like they should do, i misread/ didn't understood that the exploit/bug was handeld like it should, i thought people where caught exploiting it!

And ofcourse i understand that you would have to find out if it is a bug and if it is exploiteble by using the bug for yourself by let's say test it, to make a proper report to dev's!

So yes, BIG Thanks to Captain Brogsitter & Konali for finding it and reporting it, and ofcourse the developers for fixing it!!

I't feels great to be a part of this community, a real mature state of mind here on the forum's & the game itself, i'll hope it stays this way in the future ;)

Edited by Jacob van Heemskerck
  • Like 2

In the end we help the game by getting rid of these bugs:)

But i wouldnt mind an exceptional trincolamee haha, neither would brog;)

Hmmmmmm.... The Trinco is one of my favorit ships. But in the end i am quite happy that I was able to find it and to report it, for the good of the game.

• Like 2