Game-Labs Forum

Calm down lads!

Stix

Far out, in the last 2-3 days these forums have turned in to a screaming whinging mess! Between login cues, resource production, exploding ships, mirrored servers, shared xp, kill assist xp, ui complaints and conquest suggestions it's becoming insane!

We have an awesome age of sail game with decs that ask the community what they want. You can log in and sail the Caribbean, attack ships and have the greatest, most realistic age of sail combat experience of any game ever. If you don't enjoy the awesome ship combat you may be playing the wrong game.

The game is in early access! If you don't like the game that's fine, go play something else.

For any new guys checking out the forums it looks terrible, so much whinging.

Let's try and keep things a little more civil, help new guys out. Help the devs when and where they ask for it. Enjoy the game for what it is and look forward to its future development.

• Like 4

The OP seems to confuse some things.

It is correct, that this game is in Early Alpha. The operative word being Alpha. This means, that people are supposed to come here and debate about anything they dislike / think is not working as intended / is ill-balanced / whatever. If the debates become a bit heated about this or that topic, well, so be it.

But it is rather ironic to make a post "People calm down, lets help the Devs and, yes, anyone not satisfied with the state of the game can gtfo".

Not sure where to post this. Please move it if appropriate thank you. Being of the older generation, lets just say I have been playing computer games for 30 years or more now lol; I must say hats off to the community and game developers here. The care and attention to detail here stunning. The ship modeling and grand scale of the battles that are possible is truly something to appreciate. I am thinking of the Trafalgar youtube vids [forgive my terrible spelling ugh] .... I have watched. Even the difficulty of having to learn to steer a squared rigged vessel is a Refreshing change from the handholding of most computer games. Well done and Cheers all.

• Like 2

i think we all enjoy the game. to be honst why do we write so much in the forums , cause we like the game. full of emotion. if ya ask me i have never seen so many ppl sayin their opinion in a most calm way. some ppl even roleplaying and saying their opinion. it was the first thing i rememberwhen i first checked out the forum. it was an thread , were two ppl had absolutly and definately different point of views. the fought it out with words but in an awesome way. i am not saying that some of us go overboard sometimes but i do not see it as a bad thing, actually as a good thing. everyone is getting involved , stateing their opion , is that not what the forums are here for?