Game-Labs Forum

Cannot enter game unless using mobile data

Phi230

If I do not use tethering or mobile data, upon clicking start at the choose character screen, I have a black dot in the bottom left and cannot play.

I do not have unlimited data thus I cannot play. I have turned off firewalls, anti-virus, and forwarded ports yet your game does not work. I am at wits end and will issue a refund if this is not solved, I have never experienced connectivity problems in any game, especially on steam. I used to have this problem maybe 10 years ago.

Is there any way a VPN or other system would allow me to connect?

While on work travel, I had the same problem - was able to connect using my cell phone as a hotspot, but not from the hotel. Turned out to be a firewall issue.  Check and recheck your connection (something changed?), specifically your connection ports etc.  When it happened to me, the admin here connected me to the devs who helped me identify the problem. Send a PM to the Admin  - at a minimum they can quickly direct you to the right posts on this forum that has a rundown on what to check. Best regards and good luck - see you at sea, Muttley (Bristol RI, US)

If I do not use tethering or mobile data, upon clicking start at the choose character screen, I have a black dot in the bottom left and cannot play. I do not have unlimited data thus I cannot play. I have turned off firewalls, anti-virus, and forwarded ports yet your game does not work. I am at wits end and will issue a refund if this is not solved, I have never experienced connectivity problems in any game, especially on steam. I used to have this problem maybe 10 years ago. Is there any way a VPN or other system would allow me to connect?

Are you using any kind of program called K9 to filter traffic (keeps kids safe) or any other filtering software? Also, did you try to put your computer to DMZ on router? The last step would be to run connection test report (4-th option when in the Steam launcher) and post here the report name, I will then address the issue.

Ok, so my apartment uses a service provider that provides services to hotels. (Ethostream). Thus, I do not have the ability to manipulate my router in any possible form. 

On testing, a VPN works but not well enough to actually play. 

I have read almost every post on this topic and no solution presently exists for my system except using tethering/mobile hotspot which will chew through my data and cost me money to actually play the game. 

You say you will not address my issue until I run a connection test. What if I told you I cannot successfully run a connection test without using a VPN/Mobile data? 

Using a VPN, on connection report I get NAS-107740

Edited by Phi230