Game-Labs Forum

Important information about the new EU server.

Hello Admin. Since I'm a US based player, I'm thinking of moving from PVP1 to PVP2. I just logged in on PVP2 and noticed I don't have my redeemable ships. Will I be giving them up if I move to PVP2? Thanks.

Currently, Redeemable ships can be redeemed by any character on any server, but once you redeem it (on your account), that ship belongs to that character you redeemed it with, and can no longer be redeemed by any other character on any server on your account.

There is no workaround (as of posting) for transferring your redeemed ship from one server's character to another server's character. 

Incidentally, if you want to transfer it to a character on the same server, you could always use a trustworthy buddy or clan-mate as a buffer/holder and just trade it with them, then back to your other character.

• Like 1

Currently, Redeemable ships can be redeemed by any character on any server, but once you redeem it (on your account), that ship belongs to that character you redeemed it with, and can no longer be redeemed by any other character on any server on your account.

There is no workaround (as of posting) for transferring your redeemed ship from one server's character to another server's character. 

Incidentally, if you want to transfer it to a character on the same server, you could always use a trustworthy buddy or clan-mate as a buffer/holder and just trade it with them, then back to your other character.

Thanks for the response. I haven't yet redeemed my ships on PVP1 and am using the same character name on both servers, but no joy, so I guess I'll stay on PVP1.

Although I only joined the game after the 18th December, and don't have the experience of the more complex aspects of the game, I wonder if the servers could separate different aspects of the game.

As the strategic/ conquest elements cause the most difficulties with transfers, would it be worthwhile considering the following: 

PvP 1 is the server for players who wish to play the "full" game and includes all the elements which exist currently (basically as it is now). On this server only 1 character per player is allowed (to stop spying) and players can only join with a defined level of experience and assets. This could be either midshipman + nothing as it is now or some sort of minimum level if transfers from other servers are technically possible.

Pvp 2 (and 3, 4 or more if necessary) would have all the game elements as now except the conquest / national dominance elements.(Port battles + other economic aspects ??). All ports would retain their allegiance as at the start of the game. Players on this server could have multiple characters and could transfer between servers of this type if there are more than one. This might suit the more casual player/ novices or those who simply want to take part in PvP battles rather than embracing the longer term strategic elements of the game. If players want to transfer to PvP 1 later they can only join that server with the minimum level of assets.

PvE1 would be for players who prefer to explore and develop the Open World as traders. If the combat elements and national navies are still required by players the combat opportunities would be against computer controlled ships or pirates?

(Almost a single player game).

This is just a suggestion and I hope it gives food for thought. More experienced / knowledgeable contributors may be able to point out where I have gone wrong,

• Like 1