Game-Labs Forum

Second account exploit

jodgi

i was also thinking about 2nd account but... It would kill game for me i have at least 8 characters in eve and i got a lot of emails about how much they missing me... Cammon lets not change game into 2nd job.

Edited by Jim

I am surprised folks are still debating this, the developers have said multiple accounts are fine, so frankly thats the end of it.

There will always be folks moaning that they are hard done by, or complaining about something. Until such time that the developers allow multiple characters, there will be people buying multiple accounts, most of whom do not have ulterior motives they simply want mules.

The bottom line is. that its impossible to stop it should the developers not want folks doing so. A cheap vpn, a second box for the second account, a prepaid credit/debit card and its impossible to tie one account to the other. I know folks who went to even greater lengths in Eve Online and they were not even trying to infiltrate other Corporations. They just wanted an account they could escape the tedium of alliance politics with and I have to say I did not blame them, sometimes guildies are a pita.

Edited by Hexcaliber

I love how everyone tries to use EVE as some reference point....and yet all of you have stopped playing eve...

Perhaps choose a game you liked playing and enjoyed rather than one you play for several years and then abandon because you just noticed then how boring it is...

Eve is not boring. Eve is much too time intensive, if you get a family after college. ^^

• Like 1

I love how everyone tries to use EVE as some reference point....and yet all of you have stopped playing eve...

Perhaps choose a game you liked playing and enjoyed rather than one you play for several years and then abandon because you just noticed then how boring it is...

I love how folks get butt hurt at the use of Eve online as a reference, it is a popular MMO, get over it. I used Eve Online as it serves as a perfect example as it is common for folks to maintain multiple accounts due to the skill training system. A game I played from the day it launched in 2003 until the end of 2014, long enough for anyone to get their fill.

However, I have also had multiple accounts in Swg, Wow, Daoc, Age of conan, Everquest II and others, all for guild purposes, nor am I alone in the use of multiple accounts. The fact is, it happens in most MMO's particularly where players are heavily involved in running or organising player guilds, be they subscription based, buy to play, or free to play.

Edited by Hexcaliber